~* Chapter 2 *~

A/N 20+ reads ALREADY? I literally made this book yesterday!!!

Also there is a teeny bit of swearing in this part :)

Two years previous to Chapter 1...

"...Winter?"

I look up from my scavenger and see Qibli in the doorway of my tiny hut in Possibility. "Oh, hi," I say, trying to act casual. "I didn't know you'd be visiting."

Qibli rolls his eyes. "Thorn was all 'Qibli go out and see the world! You can't stay here forever!' and then I argued that I COULD stay there forever but then I remembered that I desperately wanted to visit my extremely handsome boyfriend, so here I am."

"That was quite the story," I say dryly. "How long are you staying for?"

He shrugs, which suits me just fine, and joins me in looking at my scavenger. "So..." he starts.

"What's bothering you?" I ask, nudging him with my wing.

"Well... we're seventeen now..."

"Adulthood, I know," I say with an affectionate eye roll. "Go on."

"Um... and..." Qibli takes a deep breath. "H-have you ever thought about getting married?"

"To who? You?" I say with amusement. This is going beautifully.

"Sorry, never mind, it was a stupid idea," he mutters.

I curl an arm around his waist. "Do you want to marry me, Qibli?"

"Yeah," he admits.

"Great!" I say. "Then let's get married!"

"Really?" he says. "This doesn't seem very sarcastically my-Winter-ish to me..."

"I'M MY OWN WINTER," I snap. "DO YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED OR NOT, SAND-SNORTER?"

"Duh, of course," Qibli says, kissing me. I'm a bit flustered and blush.

"Do it properly then," I command.

Qibli snorts and gets down on one knee. "Winter of the IceWings, will you marry me?"

"Yes," I say, kissing him. It's so good, just like it always is.

He pulls away and smiles at me. "Who should we invite?"

"UGH," I groan. "NO PLANNING I'M TOO TIRED."

"That's fair," Qibli admits. "And it's late. Bedtime?"

"Bedtime," I agree, curling up with him in my bed. I fall asleep almost immediately with his warm scales pressing against mine and his heart pounding in rhythm with mine.

~~timeskip to the wedding~~

I look at myself in the mirror. I polished my scales so that each one shines blindingly white from horns to tail. I cleaned my teeth and groomed my spikes. I feel perfect.

And nervous.

I know. Nervous, me? REALLY?

But honestly, this might be the most terrifying thing I've ever done. More terrifying than Darkstalker.

I shiver. I still have nightmares sometimes about him enchanting me. Qibli helps a lot, sleeping next me, his warm scales pressed up against my cold ones.

But now there's only one question left.

Moon pokes her head in. "Are you ready?"

Am I ready?

"Yes."

~~~~~~~~

I walk up the aisle and stand next to Qibli on the altar. Moon says her officiator-of-the-wedding-speech. I tune her out because, a) BORING and b) Qibli looks so fucking handsome today as the sunlight hits his scales- it's all I can see.

Finally, Moon says, "You may kiss the groom," and I pull Qibli in for a long kiss. All the guests clap, and then it's time for the party.

Kinkajou starts up the band, which is mostly composed of RainWings and SandWings. Qibli pulls me onto the dance floor and twirls me around in beat to the music, which is upbeat and fast. Soon, everyone is swirling around us, happy and carefree, and I stare into Qibli's warm amber-brown eyes.

This is the best day of my life.