~* Chapter 3 *~

A/N Somehow Smolder is not a word but Hailstorm is. WTF???

Winter and I got married a week ago.

It was SO FUN.

All our friends came; Thorn, Smolder and Sunny came; Winter's brother Hailstorm came...

Kinkajou hired a BAND and Clay made a bunch of snacks (most of which he ate himself). I don't really know why we invited the DoD, but we did, and it seemed like they had a good time.

I certainly had a good time. I grin at Winter, walking next to me as we explore Possibility. He narrows his eyes at me.

"Why are you grinning?" he demands.

"Why shouldn't I?" I say, gasping theatrically. "The sun is shining, the birds are singing... I'm walking down a road with my boyfriend... wait, no, fiancé..." I pretend to forget that we got married. "Wait... husband!" I proclaim.

"You are a dork," Winter announces.

"That is true," I reply, nudging him with my shoulder playfully. He blushes, but moves away from me. I spot quite a few dragons staring at us with disgust.

"Intertribe..." I hear someone whisper, spitting the words out of their mouth like they taste bad.

"Gay..." Another adds in a grossed-out undertone.

"Ew..." They whisper together and hurry away, casting us repulsed looks over theirs shoulder.

I hiss at them and swipe my claw across my throat in the universal gesture for death, then turn to Winter. He's still thirty centimetres away from me, and staring sadly at the ground.

"Come on, Winter," I say desperately. "We don't care what they think, do we?"

"I dunno," he says softly. "I think I do."

Suddenly, I have a great idea, one that is SURE to cheer Winter up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you taking me, again?" Winter asks me, genuinely curious.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise," I say cheekily, dragging him along behind me by his perfect claw. A couple dragons start looking disgusted and I make a point to nail them in the snout with my elbows as I pass. A haughty-looking IceWing starts saying, "Urgh, gay is so gross-" and I ram both my elbows into his nose.

"Fuck off," I snarl. Winter looks mildly impressed and kicks the IceWing in the shins once I'm done. We continue our rampage down the street till we get to Moon and Brilliance's magic shop.

We enter, a little bell going ding-ding-ding, and Moon hurries to the counter. "Hello, how can I- Qibli! Winter!" She hugs us tightly. "It's been too long since you visited!"

"Hi, Moon," we chorus.

"Don't tell me who it is," Brilliance says, sailing into the shop from the back room with her eyes closed. "It's... QINTER!" She opens her eyes and spots us. "Yes, called it!"

"Hey, Brilliance," I say with a grin. Winter nods to her. "So, we have a favour to ask."

"We do?" Winter interrupts. "He dragged me here without telling me what we were doing," he adds to Moon and Brilliance.

Brilliance laughs. "I have a guess. Come into the back room, you two. Can you handle the counter, hun?" she asks Moon.

"Always," Moon replies, pecking her on the cheek. "Don't do anything too exciting without me!" she calls back to us as we follow Brilliance into the back room.

"SO WHAT ARE WE DOING," Winter bursts out. I laugh.

"What do you think about... dragonets?"

"Like... mine and yours? How... can we do that?"

"AHEM," Brilliance says loudly. "ANIMUS IN THE ROOM."

"Oh, right," Winter says. "So, yes, absolutely!"

Brilliance picks up a tiny fake diamond. "I enchant this diamond to turn into a real dragon egg, that will mix the DNA of the first two dragons it touches. It will grow like any normal egg, and surprise us in gender and quantity when it hatches." She placed the fake diamond on the floor and it turned into a translucent egg. I exchanged a look with Winter and we both hesitantly touched the egg.

It began to glow, and then the colour settled. It was a gold egg with icy white creeping up from the bottom, but not over the whole thing. I gasp. It's so beautiful.

And it's ours.