~* Chapter 12 *~

A/N Sorry about the late update everyone! Enjoy!

I gather the supply bags and my weapons at midnight and meet Holly at the entrance to the base. She nods at me and I show her my narwhal-horn staff and my knives. She grins terrifyingly and gives me a glimpse of her blowgun and sleeping darts... and twelve-pack of mini explosives.

"Not very stealthy, are they?" I whisper.

"Not really the point, is it?" she replies infuriatingly.

"True," I begrudgingly give her. She smirks and lifts a bag of supplies, then puts it down and winces.

"Moons above, what did you pack in these things?" she asks, cracking her knuckles and trying again.

I shrug and swing a few over my back. Qibli packed them, and I trust him to put more than everything we need in them. They are a little heavy, but I'm not about to tell Holly that.

We take off into the night, Holly flying ahead. Conveniently, she inherited Storm's light-up SeaWing stripes along her tail and front legs, so I don't lose sight of her.

I suppose the hybrid-haters are out to get her too, but she can usually pass for a weird-looking RainWing. It's difficult to spot the tribrid-ness, but it's there. In addition to her stripes, she also has the SilkWing antennae- the only thing remotely SilkWing about her.

I lose track of time and much, much later I realize that my wings ache the sun is coming up. Holly lands in a little forest clearing and I follow her down.

"We'll make camp here," she tells me. "The hybrid-haters facility is only a few miles from here- we can make a rough plan and then fly at dusk."

"Sounds good," I agree. I set down the bags of supplies and find several large leaves stacked up in one- presumably for bedding. Holly also has one, but she's looking at it funny. "What's up?" I ask her.

"Leaves like these don't weigh much, do they?" she asks.

"No," I reply, catching on to what she's saying. The leaf-bags are heavier than even the ones with all our weapons in them.

Without a word, she heaves all the leaves out of both our bags and there, curled up at the bottom, are Faith and Snow.

"Surprise?" Faith says.

I groan. This was not part of the plan.