~* Chapter 9 *~

I can't sleep, so I decide to wander through the halls of the caves. There's a glow up ahead, so I go into that room and see Sunny, my adoptive sister, sitting on the floor of a cave with a hole in the roof. She smiles at me.

"Hey, Qibli," she says. "Come in."

I do, and sit down next to her. "Are you OK?"

"Yes," she says automatically, then breathes out. "Well... not really. This place brings back a lot of memories. Not so good ones."

"Why?" I ask her gently.

"These are the caves I grew up in with Clay, Tsunami, Glory and Starflight." Sunny smiles. "This was the study cave, Starflight's favourite place."

"How are the rest of the Dragonets of Destiny?" I wonder.

"Glory sent her kids here after Deathbringer got captured, Starflight and Fatespeaker and Mothlight and Firefly are here too. Peril and Skyfire got captured and we haven't heard from Tsunami, Riptide, Conch or Tide."

"We don't know where Deathbringer, Peril and Skyfire are?"

"No."

"So... they managed to capture two of our strongest, most dangerous dragons." I pause. "How about the rest of the Jade Winglet?"

"Reef got captured, Turtle and Kinkajou are still in the rainforest, Moon, Brilliance and Sunburst are safe in the rainforest and you and Winter and the girls are here."

"Oh no..." I wrap my claws around my snout. "Reef... poor Kinkajou. Poor Turtle. What are the names of Glory's kids again?"

"Faithbringer, Cloudspinner and Hopefinder."

"Are they OK?"

"They're fine. Faith is the oldest, and she's smart and snarky like Glory. She takes care of them."

"How about Rain?" I ask, referring to my shy, anxious nephew. Sunny adopted him a while back after a bunch of drama with his abusive birth mother, which ended up with some devastation (A/N See Rain Rain Go Away, and if you like it, the sequel is Come Again Another Day!)

Sunny groans and drops her head onto the floor of the cave. "I don't know... he went somewhere with Sharp and Quicksilver... I haven't heard from him in ages... I've been trying to hold it together, but..."

Silvery tears run down her face, clouding her green eyes. "Oh, Sunny." I say, feeling terrible for her. I wrap a wing around her.

At least I'll know whether my daughter dies or not. I can't imagine not knowing what's happened.

The sun is starting to rise after Sunny has had a good, long cry. She stands up and wipes her face.

"Thanks for listening, Qibli."

"Anytime," I reply, getting up too. I walk out the door, then proceed back to our sleeping cave. Just as I'm about to enter, I collide with Winter, who looks panicked.

"Qibli!"

"Winter, sweetheart," I say, hugging him. He's hyperventilating. "Are you OK? Tell me what happened."

"I-I woke up and you were gone! And Sun... s-she..." he starts sobbing and I feel terrified.

Please, Sun. Please hold on.

A/N CLIFFHANGER MWAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and in case you were confused, this is a completely different universe than RRGA and AYLJW. Similar events happen and the same characters appear, BUT THEY ARE DIFFERENT UNIVERSES.