~* Chapter 15 *~

A/N Hi everyone! This is super random, and I'm sorry it took so long, but here is Chapter 15. A bit of context: I've decided to finish Sun & Snow. There likely won't be a sequel, but I know I hate it when people leave me hanging, so I'm getting this done. If all goes well, updates will be once a week on Friday or Saturday. I love you all, thanks for sticking with me even though I've been super inconsistent. Enjoy some murder.

Also, this is Peril's POV (in case it wasn't obvious).

I walk through the halls with Winter, Winter's kid, some RainWing dragonet and the Poinsettia spawn. Maybe not the ideal rescue team, but you take what you're given, right?

I feel weird and exposed without my firescales. Sure, I can still breathe fire like most SkyWings, and I'm basically a killing machine (though Clay tells me not to think like that: he says that I'm more than what Sca- She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named wanted me to be).

Anyway.

There are barely any guards in the corridors, which seems strange. I saw A LOT when I was being captured (by that LITTLE BITCH SWORDFISH, NO LESS! I HATE HIM SO MUCH) and now the place is empty? Suspicious.

However, I don't really have time to ponder stuff like "where are the guards" "useless plans" "blah blah whatever" because MY SON, my BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY WAS CAPTURED. Another pro of firescales: your tears evaporate as you cry, and everyone thinks you're an emotionless monster (oops, bad thought).

So currently, on top of literally EVERY FUCKING THING GOING ON IN MY MESSED-UP LIFE, I HAVE TO HOLD IN MY TEARS SO I CAN KEEP A CLEAR HEAD. THANKS A LOT, HYBRID-HATERS: I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO WRECKING YOUR ASSES.

"Peril? PERIL!"

"Yeah?" I reply. Winter scowls at me.

"I've been calling your name for, like, five minutes." He says. "Do you know which way to the other holding cells or not?"

"Other...?" I stop. "OK, maybe I missed something or was knocked out, but before this everyone was in the cells around me." Well, except Skyfire, my mind adds helpfully. I growl.

Winter sighs, with his Aggravated (TM) look on his face. "Wonderful."

"I don't suppose they have maps around here," Winter's daughter says snarkily.

"Yeah, with those convenient 'you are here' markers on them," the random RainWing child adds.

The Poinsettia spawn rolls her eyes. "Not helping, you two."

"Shut it, Snark Squad," I interrupt. (Bonus for me: all four of 'em look offended. It's priceless.) "Look, I might not know where the others are, but I sure know where the guards might be. I dunno about you all, but I'm ready to knock some heads."

Poinsettia spawn visibly brightens. "Yes! Now there's a plan we can use! Thanks, Miss Fiery Doom."

Ah, there's the precious and precocious Holly I knew. She called me "Miss Fiery Doom" ALL THE DAMN TIME. It would have been annoying if she hadn't been a dragonet.

Anyway, Winter looks a bit apprehensive. "Faith and Snow are too young for bloodshed. Someone would have to stay here with them..."

Child Winter (Snow?) and the RainWing (Faith?) roll their eyes in unison. "Come ON, Poppa," Snow says. "I can fight."

"You are barely over the age of two, Snow, I won't allow it!" Winter says, his eyes blazing with fury. "And Faith! I doubt your parents would want you to fight!"

"No, they totally would." Faith says cooly. "My dad's an assassin and my mom's a badass queen, Winter. I'm good."

"And if she fights, I fight," Snow says defiantly, glaring at her dad. Winter and Snow start some intense father-daughter glare-down, and the Poinsettia spawn clears her throat.

"Soooo... Miss Fiery Doom and I are gonna go. Join us when you're done your... uh... thing."

I shrug. "The spawn has a point. I say murder now, debate therapy later."

The Poinsettia spawn gives me a withering look. "'Spawn'?"

I shrug again, and grin at Holly. Holly grins back, a bit of a dragonet-ish charisma coming back into her face.

"It's time I got revenge for my family," Holly proclaims, winking at Snow and Faith. "Remember, kids: MURDER IS OK!"