i gently open the door

(A/N: *DDLC INTENSIFIES* yeah this title doesn't mean much to this one-shot... OH AND ALSO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR AROUND 20 FOLLOWERS!!! I DONT KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED BUT THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! But... um... besides that, I also wasn't gonna post this one because it was sort of a vent (and airy in this au is basically almost turning into me so...) but I liked the writing so here you go! UM. ANYWAYS! Hope you have a wonderful day/night and I hope you like the one-shot!)

TW: mentions of self harm (A/N: no worries, nobody does anything! It's just mentioned.)

No one's point of view but it's mostly focused on Airy:

Airy likes his room.

Airy likes his friends.

But Airy does not know if they are his friends.

And airy is scared of his big empty room.

So airy lays on his big empty bed. And he reaches for the broken cassette player on his big empty desk. And he uses it to play some music to fill the big empty silence.

And all of this because of the big empty chunk missing in his heart.

Airy likes his room.

Airy likes his friends.

But we're they ever his friends?

Was this ever his room?

Airy takes the soft pillow and he wraps it in his arms. The silky texture of the pillow makes it slide and slip so he clutches it tighter.

Airy had taken a person who he wrapped in his arms. The angry personality of the person makes it slide and slip from his grasp so he clutched it tighter.

Airy's arms eventually hurt from hugging the pillow so he sets it down... just like he hurt from all the things the person said so he let them go... for now. And only JUST for now.

Airy then looks to the corner of his room to see a long white curtain, billowing in the wind.

But he had no windows.

And he had no curtains.

And it was too dark.

But airy was supposed to like the dark.

And airy was supposed to like his room.

And airy was supposed to like his friends.

But Airy hates how his room makes him see things that set really there.

And Airy hates how his friends forget how much he cares for them.

So Airy grabs the pillow again. This time he is not sad, but he is angry.

He pulls on the pillow in all directions. He pulls on the pillow until his arms hurt. He bites the pillow until his jaw hurts. He claws at the pillow until it bursts open.

Airy is supposed to not get sad.

Airy is supposed to not get angry.

Airy is supposed to feel either happiness or nothing.

Because that is who airy is.

But somebody changed him. He does not like that.

So airy takes the leaking pillow and throws it to the floor and off his bed.

Airy hates his room.

But airy loves his friends.

Airy's friends can never be replaced. His room can.