II

"There are people hurt down there!!" Lovely exclaims, running to the door of the bedroom. She fixes her nightgown back onto her shoulders and throws a robe on. She looks back at Luffy sitting on the bed with his brows turned up. "Come with me to help the injured!! This looks serious!!"

Luffy jumps out of bed and runs to the shop below with her. Lovely lights a candle and places it on a table. She raced into the sewing room to retrieve some first-aid supplies. She always had one handy for scissor cuts and needle pricks. Once the supplies were spread out on the table, Lovely pointed at the door.

"Start letting people in!" she says to Luffy. "Something tells me they're trying to hide from something!"

Luffy nods and throws the entrance open. "He~y!!" he shouts. "If anybody's hurt, we've got help!!"

The first person to race in was Usopp. He was clutching his arm, which was bleeding pretty badly. Drops of it landed on the floor in red puddles. His face was pale and full of pure terror. Lovely gasps when he falls back into a chair, shaking.

"Usopp!!" she exclaims, rushing to help him with bandages and ointment. "Let me see your arm."

He winces as he pulls his hand away to reveal a gash running down two holes that have been punctured into his skin. Lovely hisses seeing the damage and immediately begins to clean the wound.

"It looks like you got bit!" she exclaims. "Is there a wild forest animal on the loose?!"

"If only it was just that..." Usopp shivers.

"What happened?! Why is everyone running away with blood on their clothes?!"

He gives her a worried look and looks down to take a breath. "Would you believe me if I said that vampires attacked us?"

"Vampires?!" Lovely and Luffy exclaim.

"You mean those mythical creatures that hide out in the forest?!" Lovely asks.

"Yes, those ones! But they're not mythical! These are real!!"

Luffy exclaims when he sees a woman running toward him, growling and snarling with saliva running down her mouth. He slams the door before she could come in and sighs with relief. One of the windows by the entrance smashes, making Lovely jump out of her seat and Usopp faint. The woman reaches for Luffy, still salivating.

"COME HERE!!!" she yells. "I'M HUNGRY!!!"

"LUFFY!!" Lovely screams, taking a pair of scissors and running to the window. "Leave him alone, you vixen!!"

The woman snatches her scissors and tries to stab Lovely's arm with them. Lovely jumps back before she could hurt her and sprints to pull Luffy away from the door before the woman brings the scissors down on him. Luffy dodges the strike and rushes with Lovely to the kitchen. The woman shrieks with rage and frustration as she breaks the rest of the window to get in. Lovely's heart pumped full force with fear as she searched the drawers for a weapon. Just in time, Luffy found a pistol tucked away under the sink for emergencies. Lovely snatches the gun from him and kicks open the door to find the woman crouching over Usopp.

"Don't touch him!!" Lovely yells, aiming the pistol at the woman.

The woman looks up at her, lips pulled over her teeth to reveal razor-sharp fangs. Her growls turn into a sinister snicker seeing her choice of weapon. "You really think a simple gun is going to save you?"

Lovely glares at the woman, finger on the trigger. "It will if you won't get out of this shop and leave this town."

"Is that a threat?" the vamp asks in a voluptuous voice. "Oh my. You sure love to give people what they want, don't you?"