14.5 | a fruit loop

Or: What Halilintar had been doing before Gempa knocked on his door.

"How can you not understand integration?! I explained it like five times! By the time you find the x, my unborn son would be starting his own family by now!!"

Halilintar turned down the volume on his laptop while several other voices in the call rose up in protest. The leading one was a woman, who could be heard slamming her desk from her side.

"I'm SORRY I didn't graduate from my Master's degree and discovered the cure for cancer all in one morning, Solar! You'll explain this stupid equation as many times as we want or I'll defenestrate you from the university's roof tomorrow morning!!"

"That's it. I'm leaving this call," groaned Thorn. "I'm going to get a McFlurry and getting blackout drunk while I'm at it." True to her word, she left the call.

Halilintar massaged his temples and glowered at the screen. Within seconds, their supposed study session had derailed into a shouting match, with the projecting screen now searching up random facts to prove the other wrong. He was tempted to call it when Solar began searching up the average lifespans of bees.

"Why did I even take this degree?" Quake grumbled into his mic, looking disgruntled in front of his camera. "And why did we agree to let Solar tutor us? He doesn't even take this class."

"Because I'm the only one who's dumb enough to spend time on you people!"

Thunderstorm slammed her desk, the sound echoing throughout her room and permeating into Quake's mic despite him being in an entirely different room across their house.

"Say your prayers, you mop-headed donkey," she hissed. "I hope your glasses turn foggy every time you try to eat your shitty dollar store ramen."

"No! My only weakness!"

"My first day off in three months," Halilintar cut in, unamused, "and I spent it listening to you idiots."

"Screw off, minimum wage!"

Quake muted everyone in the call. "I'm not letting any of you speak unless you can act like adults."

The results were instantaneous. Solar began spamming the meet's chat with angry emojis, while Quake screeched as his room door was pried open by none other than his own sister. Halilintar rubbed his eyes lethargically, watching the entire situation devolve into a puddle of chaos with slight amusement.

Thorn chose this exact moment to return, her account popping into the call as she now held a cup of ice-cream in her hand and soda by her side. When she realized the entire call had been muted, she texted in the chat, tagging Halilintar directly.

no1kokomimain: @halililili u good?

Halilintar typed back a reply, taking a sip of his water.

halililili: fine

no1kokomimain: u coming back after the semester break?

halililili: ofc

halililili: i need to go back b4 blaze burns down our dorm

no1kokomimain: cool

carbonmoronxide: Ew, stay away we don't want you here.

no1kokomimain: be nice to lili or im going to peel ur spine from ur corpse and roast it slow and all day long over applewood