30 | withering away

Angin was 7, he had an unfinished math assignment, and he hated this place. He hated the food, he hated his bed, he hated the kids, he hated everything.

Most of all, he hated P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋.

P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋, the golden child of the House. He was the perfect kid that every kakak adored to look after because he was so kind and obedient. He was the boy who had dozens of younger children tailing after him clamoring for his attention during playtime. He was always the center of attention, always surrounded by his group of friends and everyone else, all sucking up to him.

He hated him so much.

Nobody knew P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋'s evil nature. Angin knew underneath all that shine and smile, he learned from a young age that not all that glitters was gold. P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋ was proof of such. He was selfish and mean and evil and bad. He wanted to steal Angin's Mama away and leave Angin with no Mama.

Unfortunately, not everyone was convinced of Petir's true self like Angin is. All poor souls, he thought bitterly during homework time, where he glowered at the older boy through the gaps of his blue manila folder. They were all fooled by his dastardly trickery.

How can everybody else not see that P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋ was trying to steal their Mamas too? Two of P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋'s best friends—Thunder and Cake or something—have their Mamas already been stolen by him? Is that why they have no choice but to listen to his every word and pretend to be nice to him?

"Alright – is everyone finished with their homework?"

Angin jolted back to his senses and laid down his folder. He stared at the empty sheet, then looked around in a vague panic when he realized the others next to him were already leaving their seats.

"Angin?" The kakak's shadow loomed over him, tilting his head at his blank page. "Do you need some help?"

Angin froze, clamming up instantly as shame flooded his system. Still, in his paralysis, he still managed to muster the most venomous glare he was capable of into P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋'s direction (who had his back turned from Angin – fatal mistake). Even when he's not near Angin, he still managed to ruin his life!

At a loss of words, Angin only managed a feeble nod, unable to look up or meet the kakak's eyes. The new school he was going to was nothing like his old one; the teachers there were incredibly lazy and the kids there were meaner than the seniors in the House. He used to be average in Math, but without proper guidance he was genuinely struggling with his numbers.

"Ah, let me see." Kakak turned towards the other side of the room, eyes landing on one of the other kids. "Yes, P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋; can you come over?"

Angin's head bolted up. Him?! Anyone but him!

P̴̨̫̦͗̔͊̍̚ȩ̵̖̰͙̖̠̬͂t̸̝͇̥̾į̴̀̒̽̌͂̊r̶̬͍̻̓̋ looked skeptical, perhaps a little irritated at his break time being interrupted, but he obeyed her nonetheless. Unlike the rest of the children, his face was blurred into a whirlpool of black ink, his head melting into goop that dribbled down his chin.

His friends followed him over, flanking his sides as he approached the kakak without so much of a complaint.

"Angin here needs some help with his homework," the kakak explained. "Can you help me teach him?"