XII.

Alice's PoV:

I opened my eyes to the sound of rough knocks on my door. I let out a big yawn and stretched for a few seconds. They might've heard my yawning sound, but i couldn't care less.

'What is it at this time...'

My throat hurt a bit, i guess this is what happens after not eating for days...

I pushed the thick blanket to the other side of the bed as i felt the coldness on my legs. Good thing i had these thick thigh-highs covering my legs, or else i'd be freezing to death. Not even bothering to mention my skirt... Who in the right mind would wear a skirt in the middle of Snezhnaya!?

I quickly held onto my coat that has been standing on top of the small drawer next to my bed and wore it, trying my best to cover my skin because of the cold.

I walked towards the door and gently opened the door...

It's stupid how they act like they cannot open the door without me getting up and doing it by myself.

'I know they even have the key of this room... Playing dumb they are.'

Without even getting to ask what have made them knock on my door at this hour, the Fatui agent started talking,

"My apologies for knocking on your door at this hour of the day, Miss-...Miss Alice, was it? Ah...Sir Dottore, the second harbinger, demands to see you at his office immediately. I will be guiding you to his office..."

He sounded very nervous, his voice trembling. Must've been a new agent... Sucks for him that he has to work under these imbeciles...

What suprised me was, he tried to sound polite. Apologized and went straight to the point.

"It's okay... But why did he want to see me...?"

"I'm s-sorry, but Sir Dottore didn't inform me about this..."

Il Dottore...

Y/N... Was she there? I hope she was. This piece of shit harbinger had to step in and ruin everything. Everything...

.

.

.

As the agent and i walked through the cold and big halls, we walked pass a massive and elegant door.

Zapolyarny Palace hides mysterious stuff, huh?...

The locks of the door looked broken and were scattered on the ground... I wonder what goes on on the inside...

.

.

.

After walking for what felt like hours, we were finally in front of a fancy and luxurious door. This big door -not as big as the one we saw before- had golden lines decorating it. They looked shiny and expensive. Whose money did they spend to get these expensive things?!

Breaking out of my thoughts, the agent cowardly reached out to knock on the door. He hesitated on knocking for a second, but maybe he thought the Doctor would get more mad if he was late... It's not the agent's fault that he is scared.

He knocked on the door multiple times, but didn't get an answer as he expected. Then he knocked once again, this time more roughly. His body trembled as he heard the low and deep male voice coming from inside,

"You may enter the room."

As Dottore said that, the agent pushed the door with one of his hands, still looking scared...

The agent didn't enter the room, instead he waited for me to go inside as he stayed outside.

While walking into the room, i heard his whispers,

"...G-good luck..."

I gave him a look of sympathy and entered the room with small steps. When i was in the room, the door closed behind me. I was ready to face this little piece of shit. I closed my eyes and took a big big breath. I opened my eyes and i saw him, in front of me... His ugly mask covering half of his face, a displeasing grin plastered on his face as usual. Both of his hands were clasped together, as if he was waiting for something to happen. I looked at him with disgust and anger all over my face and he was fully aware of that... After hearing a small laugh from him, he exclaimed:

"I am extremely delighted you came here without making a fuss, "Miss Alice"..."

The last part sounded like he was mocking me. Gods... He sounded angry, very angry...

I immediately looked around the big room as my hands were on my back, eyes looking for someone familiar...And yet... Even in this big room, she was nowhere to be found...

"For the sake of the Archons, you are yet to utter something, and here you are, eyes wandering around for "your" precious, little Y/N...

...Do you really believe i will let you have her this easy?"

My heart started beating fast from anger and a... weird feeling that cannot be described... Who does he think he is?! He doesn't even exist!

"Pfft, you really think you own her now? Don't make me laugh!"

I talked without thinking. It was as if my mouth said it out of my own will...

He tapped his shoes against the floor, making a 'Click' noise. And it only made the tension get more intense...

"Ah ah~ You have no idea on what i am capable of doing, you filthy human. But guess what? You are about to see them if you keep this behavior of yours up."

I backed away carefully. I was being reckless again. Y/N has warned me a lot of times about my carelessness . But is it wrong of me to care about my best friend? The one who i shared my childhood with... But... Would she want me to risk my life just so i can make this guy learn his lesson? Not really...

I stopped thinking when my back hit the door.

'I should act more realistic from now on. I shouldn't die just yet. If i die, then who will protect Y/N?'

I have to find Y/N and escape this place somehow... Somehow...

I have to focus on staying alive. Yes, that's it. I'll find Y/N one way another. She is a brave and strong girl, she can defend herself. I believe in her with all my heart. But for now...

I have to find my way out. I have to stay alive for the sake of Y/N. I have to get away from this man as soon possible. Starting by now...

'You think you're clever, huh?'

.

.

.

heyya the author here, okay so this chapter seems bad but i have 2 chapters already written but i need to write one more chapter to publish both of them, the thing i am going for is pretty exciting! i apologize for making you all wait for so long but it is worth the wait, i swear! take care pretty people :^)