XIV.

This is a mess.

SPICY CHAPTER AHEAD, I TRIED MY BEST LMAO.

Author's PoV:

You stood there still while Dottore started to do his pile of paperwork that was standing on his big desk. There was a black vase next to the paperwork. It had a handful of anise in it. They smelled pretty strong, quite the opposite to your liking.

'Why is he even keeping me here...'

You sighed as quiet as you could. You didn't want him to complain, even worse; punish you for just sighing.

"...You appear to be very bored, is something the matter, darling?"

His mood changed all of a sudden. He was just acting like a jerk towards you, and here he is; calling you his 'darling' out of literally nowhere.

He never took his eyes -yes, you couldn't see if his eyes were looking at the paper directly because of his mask, but it seemed like it- off of the paperwork while talking. He was still continuing to sign those paperworks for god knows what.

"Speak."

He demanded in a low and quiet but stern voice. It sent shivers down your spine.

You tried to sound as hopeful and self- assured as you could. Maybe he'd think you got used to him and would let you be?

You took a silent inhale and started your talk while scratching the back of your head,

"I... uh... wanted to know why you were... keeping me here. I meannn... All i do is just stand here and do nothing. Ehh... I'd say i'm a waste of oxygen at this point... You can let me stay with Alice while you keep all the oxygen to yourse-"

"Enough of that little foolish friend of yours. All you do is talk about her, even when you are in my presence. I would like to remind you that my patience has its limits. I gave you a decent amount of information about her and that should be just more than enough."

'Huff... Rude as ever.' you thought.

"I am plainly not being rude, you will definitely know when i start being rude."

Did he just...

You stood there in awe. How did he even guess what you were thinking? Being a Fatui harbinger  surely needs some skills then...

"If you do not intend to stand there for a couple more hours, come here."

You weren't really sure if you should. You didn't even know why he wanted you to go over there.

"Do not make me repeat myself once more."

After hearing this, you felt like your feet moved by themselves out of fright.

You approached his desk with small steps, hoping he didn't notice your fear. You kept your hands behind you and started to fidget with your fingers.

"Finally. Took you long enough to just walk over here."

You scoffed on his comment.

He slowly took his attention away from the paper as he carefully let the quill rest on the side of the glass full of ink.

"Come a little closer, dear."

You did as he told. As you kept walking closer to him, he tossed the paperworks to the sides of the desk. The middle of the desk was now empty. He still didn't move the vase with anise. That action made you question his request. Why would he want you to come closer to him?

'I guess only one way to find out...'

He leaned back on his chair and left a small gap between the desk and his sitting self.