X.

3rd Person's PoV:

 You awoke with a gasp. Your heart was beating fast... Faster from usual. Cold sweat dripped from your forehead as you tried to remember what made you wake up like this, what kind of horrendous dream you saw...

The bed hangings were open, if someone were to enter the room, they would see you directly. You tried to remember if they were open like this before you slept, but unfortunately, you could not.

Turning your head to the closed window, the sun had not yet set, but the weather was bleaky and dark. You thought it was because of the heavy snowfall outside.

'It hasn't been that long...'

you thought to yourself.

You had to find a way out. You had to. With Alice or not. Even if you found a way out by yourself, you'd make sure you'd bring Alice with you one way another. Maybe you'd find her in the building before escaping... Or maybe, you could come back for her...

Sigh

You decided it would be the best to think about it later, after you found a way to escape.

You first slowly got up from the bed, trying to be careful to not make a sound. The bed creaking sounds were making enough noise already.

After you got up from the bed, you tiptoed your way to the door and slowly leaned your ear against it to hear if there was anybody behind the door.

To your suprise, nothing could be heard. You still had to be careful though, you did not have much time. He could come to your door by any second now.

There was a big dresser next to your bed. It had 8 drawers. Maybe you could find something in them, something that would help you escape somehow. You slowly approached it. Without making any noise, you opened one of the drawers.

It was empty.

You tried all of the drawers and found nothing. You were hoping you'd find a key, a gun or anything that would benefit you.

You weren't sure if your door was locked because you were pretty afraid of trying. If you tried opening it, there would be no turning back. If it is locked, your attempt on opening the door would make a pretty big sound and if there is someone near you, they would probably hear you struggling on the door.

But...

if it isn't...

Then, the door would make no sound if you opened it very very slowly... What if it is locked though? Would you get caught? What would they do to you if you were caught? What would you do if you were caught?

All of these thoughts were making your brain go numb, so you chose to not overthink and just try opening the door. It can't go that bad, right?

You made your way to the door with desperate but slow steps. No matter how brave you were at the moment, you couldn't help but worry about being caught.

You were now in front of the door. You reached out to the doorknob. All you had to do was move the doorknob. A little bit. Only a little bit...

You kept staring at the doorknob, not sure if you should do what you were thinking.

'I'm gonna die any way...'

You muttered under your breath as you gently moved the doorknob. You kept your eyes closed while doing so.

Click!

.

Opening your eyes as slow as you could; the door was now wide open, waiting for you. The long hallway was in front of you. As far as you could see, no one was around.

'Finally!...'

You took a sigh of relief. But there was no time for you to relax, you still had to find Alice and get out of this palace as soon as possible.

The hallway looked so sophisticated... There was a room with a massive door in front of your room and a long hallway on the left side. The door looked so elegant like the rest of the building.

As you kept observing the door, you saw 8 different locks in gold on the door.

You wondered what it hides behind... What could they be hiding behind such a massive and elegant door with 8 locks?

How important must it be...

You saw a window 3 steps away from the door of your room. You quietly and carefully tiptoed towards it. Without making any noise, you looked through the window. The snowfall was heavier than before. You tried your best to stay quiet and think of a plan. While doing so, you saw some Fatui agents, Cicin mages and a lot of other Fatuus forming a line. It seemed like they were listening to someone while waiting in the line. What in the world were they really doing outside when it was snowing so hard like this?!

You stopped looking through the window as you heard echoing cries and screams... of a female? You tried to figure out which direction the sound was coming from, but it was no use. As if you were imagining things... Then, all of a sudden, the screams stopped with a sound of finger snapping.

You tried to stay as silent as you could for a great amount of seconds. Not even breathing. When you made sure no one was around, you took a big sigh.

'... Am i hearing things now?...'

When you were done looking at the window, you tiptoed your way to the hallway. No one was around. Not even a single soul. Maybe something was happening outside so all of them decided to leave the building? If the situation was like that, then you'd have a higher chance of being able to escape.

Even your breathing noise could be heard in the hallway. It was echoing in the cold, empty hallway as well. You'd probably be found if someone was around. Well, sucks for them, they aren't!

You decided it would be the best to close your room's door and simply get away as far as you could from it.

When you were walking to your room, you thought about Alice.

What was she doing right now...?

Where was she right now...?

What if... the screams... belonged to her...?

What if she was the one who was desperately crying for help...

You immediately closed to your room's door and looked at the massive door ahead of you. You wanted to get a better look at the door so you slightly moved closer to it. As you slowly approached the door, you noticed that door was open with a small gap.

Your heart was in your throat. Were you imagining things now? What was even happening behind that door?

Only one way to find out.

When you were walking closer to the door, you took a big gulp. You were pretty scared, horrified even. But what else could you do in a situation like this?

Wait...

Didn't this door have locks? 8 locks in total, to be clear. When you turned your eyes to the locks, their chains were scattered on the ground. All of them. The chains were pretty thick so it would be hard for someone to break them. Plus, you were here the whole time... And you saw nobody in the hallway. Just what in the world broke them?

Maybe, you didn't imagine the screams and cries... Maybe, it was all real...

Whatever the case was, you had to get in the room. You had to.

You finally found all the courage in yourself and took a deep breath. All you could do was pray that the person who was screaming wasn't Alice...

While you kept repeating your prayers in your head, you continued your steps and entered the room.

.

.

.

i don't know where this story is going at this point tbh. imma just continue writing and see how it goes :D