"A Beacon of Hope" | Pt. 2 (3rd)

The ground approached rapidly, she reached out to grab onto something but to no avail.

As she was mere feet away from the ground the sound of a car screeched loudly, deafening.

And then it was dark.

~%~

She woke up fully conscious, and covered in sweat.

The girl in the bed beside her stayed blissfully in peace, contrasting darkly with Jaycee's own turmoil.

I need to get out of here.

The door was shut silently.

~#~

"Anyone seen Jaycee?"

They searched frantically for her, calling out her name and scouring the surrounding area for any sign of her.

As the minutes turned to hours the group was filled with worry and anxiety.

They had no idea what had happened to Jaycee, and the thought of her being lost and alone, or even worse like Ben...

It was too much to bear.

"She's probably out getting supplies, we'll probably end up seeing her on our way to Main Street" Darius reassured the group.

Despite their fears they knew they couldn't let her disappearance stop them.

They set out to Main Street.

The beacon was hidden, camouflaged. So they began searching through every piece of nature that was displayed on the street.

At one point during the search Yaz slipped on her ankle and balanced herself on a tree.

Clang.

"Ever heard a tree do that?" She asked, the other campers coming to the site. Sammy pulled the obvious hatch on the 'tree' open, "Ooh, there's stuff inside!"

"Find it again for the camera." Brooklynn said, turning on the device.

Sammy repeated the line and reopened the hatch.

"Welcome aboard the fail boat. All these trees are empty, broesph." Kenji grumbled after all the trees were found, empty.

Darius stood over at another block of concrete, "This one's missing." He stated, looking at the jagged piece of metal jutting out from the site.

Darius looked down, there were scratch marks across the ground, forming a trail leading to Paddock 9.

As the other campers grouped together to get a better look snarls could be heard from somewhere else on Main Street, along with booming footsteps and the uncomfortable scraping of metal.

"Up that stairway, quick!" Darius hissed, taking off towards the maintenance tunnel of the opened entrance paddock.

Once they were above the paddock they could see the T.Rex dragging the missing tree into her domain. She entered her paddock, and threw the trunk into place. Dragging her feet before letting out a roar.