009

Beomgyu realised the show summarised why he'd wandered down to Yeonjun's room. He was human enough to feel some form of empathy and hoped he could offer Yeonjun some comfort after the insults he'd been dealt when all he was trying to do was help Beomgyu—and get paid.

Yeonjun's laying under the covers of his bed, not bothering to spare Beomgyu a glance, keeping his line of view towards the TV with an arm rested behind his head to allow him to watch at a more comfortable angle

Beomgyu stood at the door silently, hesitating to speak up in case Yeonjun gives him the cold shoulder and turns him away.

The sound of the TV is the only thing in the room, but it's doing nothing to cover up the sound of Beomgyu's rushing thoughts, even when the volume is uncomfortably high. Seriously, is Yeonjun deaf?

The blue light of the screen casts off on Yeonjun's face. He looks tired, eye bags and all, yet he's most likely unable to sleep despite that.

Sighing, Beomgyu's hand falls off the door knob and he wordlessly invites himself in. Yeonjun spares him a single glance now, staying quiet like he's only a feather in the wind.

The side of bed Beomgyu slips into is freezing to the point goosebumps run up his entire body and he can't help but let out a shiver. His eyes bore over whatever it is Yeonjun's watching but he doesn't pay attention to it, not properly.

He slowly wraps a hand around Yeonjun's stomach, his head coming to rest on top of his shoulder. When Yeonjun doesn't shake himself off, he pulls his leg up to rest on Yeonjun too, because laying with only half his body twisted side ways is uncomfortable.

He doesn't feel the need for words. He doesn't think Yeonjun will want to talk about what he suspects is bothering him. He's normally quite up-front in Beomgyu's opinion, so for him to not bring it up must mean he really doesn't want to talk about it.

Beomgyu hopes his presence alone can offer some comfort, nuzzling his head into the body so that he can get more comfortable, but at the same time causing Yeonjun discomfort from the tickle of Beomgyu's hair on his jaw.

Beomgyu stops staring at the TV screen that he wasn't truly watching and instead watches Yeonjun's chest rise and fall. He counts in his head how long every inhale and exhale takes, trying to match the pace himself, but quickly realises that is a bad idea when he's starved of oxygen.

Yeonjun huffs, his chest rising slowly but dropping quickly and having the same effect on Beomgyu's body since he's resting on him.

Hesitantly, Yeonjun's hand finds Beomgyu's hair, it's pretty and soft and newly brushed, effortlessly passing through his fingers. He rakes his fingernails against the crown of Beomgyu's head gently, hearing a soft hum emit from Beomgyu and steals a glance.

Beomgyu's eyes are shut, evident by the way his long eyelashes kiss his cheeks. Yeonjun is just as tired, eyes drooping without warning, leaving him to fight them open.

He can't fall asleep, not yet. He's watching Jujutsu Kaisen and he can't stretch over and get the remote with the way Beomgyu's curled up against him. He'll destroy the comfort and Beomgyu will leave like how cats do when you inconvenience them.

His brain doesn't listen, doesn't care, his eyes are closing on him anyway until they're little slits with a dull, blurry light in view. They close soon after that, he gives into the comfort of Beomgyu's warm body and the soothing feeling he provides.

.•° ✿ °•.

Yeonjun wakes up first, Beomgyu's sleeping still. His hair's clamped to his forehead from the sweat on his face and his brows are knitted. The elder chuckled softly. Beomgyu isn't used to sleeping with anyone, his sweat an indication of that.