Epilogue

/ Three Years Later /

"Waaa!" Beomgyu squeals out as he grabs Kiro from under his armpits and lifts him up. His adopted, 5-year-old son giggles and hugs into his father, pointing towards the door.

Beomgyu turns his head in the direction he points in and then back at his son. "What?" he pauses, a sly smile crossing his lips.

"Do you know where they are, Kiro?"

Kiro nods and shields Beomgyu's ear with his hands. "That way, gotta go that way!"

He's back pointing at the door insistently, and Beomgyu chuckles, carrying the child as he follows his directions.

The sound of giggling hits his ears before he even makes it to his and Yeonjun's bedroom. Then he hears Yeonjun's cheerful voice shushing their two-year-old daughter, imagining the way he presses his fingers to his lips like he always does.

"Shhhh, Haneul... daddy will hear you," Yeonjun chuckles gently and Beomgyu's heart softens at the innocence of it.

Kiro quickly distracts him from the hidden pair by squirming in his arms, fighting to be freed, and urgently trying to expose his dad and sister.
Beomgyu sets Kiro down on his feet and the boy runs over to the wardrobe, pulling it open and growling at the two as he tries to scare them.

Yeonjun widens his eyes in surprise and Hanuel squeals happily as Kiro tries—and fails—to pick her up. Even though he's constantly told not to pick the three-year-old up because he's not big enough to carry her, he still attempts to anyway.

Since he fails to lift her, he wraps his arms around her in a hug, yelling, "we found you!"

He looks back at Beomgyu and cheers, throwing his hands up in the air. "We won!"

"We won!" Beomgyu repeats, throwing his arms up too as Kiro runs over to hug him, hands clinging to Beomgyu's legs because of the height difference.

.•° ✿ °•.

The whole close family, including their non-blood relatives like Hueningkai, Soobin and Euncha, are gathered in the back garden of Beomgyu and Yeonjun's new home, having a barbecue as a house warming party.

Gil-Sung mans the barbecue, grilling burgers and sausages and conversing with Beomgyu's mother who's asking him what he seasons his burgers with.

Beomgyu's dad, Euncha and Euncha's son, Do-yun are in the pool, with Do-Yun in a little ring that keeps the infant afloat. Euncha fits arm bands on his chubby baby rolls for extra protection.

The pretty garden and it's flowers are completely drenched thanks to Beomgyu and Taehyun, they were fighting with water guns before it got too slippery. Then Taehyun reminded Beomgyu about the endless supply of nerf guns he has that he'd brought to his and Yeonjun's house for safekeeping, and they switch to them so that there's no accidents from the mushy grass they've caused.

Yeonjun's mother sits with a cousin of Beomgyu's, Ji-ung, who's many years younger, and asking her thousands of questions. The main question being, 'why?' after every answer she gives and she proves her patience is unmatched by remaining calm the entire time.

"Yeonjun!" Beomgyu pauses in his run away from his brother as he spots Yeonjun doing something he'd told him exactly not to do. "I said no ice pops for him after he bit Ji-ung!"

"Thanks, dad! You're the best!" their son exclaims, running away joyfully with his ice pop already melting into his hand. Probably because of the certified death grin he has on it.