3.

For three dull days Verena did not leave her chambers. Only in the sleepless night to secretly ride her dragons and came back before the sun would rise.

She was in the air on Verenex bitterly regretting her decision to ever come back to Kings Landing, she should've stayed home in her small kingdom where she lived free and happy.

Verenax grumbled when she noticed her rider lost in sorrowful thoughts, "I know Verenex we shouldn't have come here." Verena stroked the back of her dragon.

Another grumble was heard from her left where Viselar flew, "Don't take her side you always do that." Verena scowled at her dragon who indeed took the side of the dragon he had flown many years with.

Saphira was just below them letting out a snarling growl when she moved to Verena's right, "See! Saphira always takes my side unlike you two." she scolded her dragons as if they were her own children.

In truth the dragons were who she felt were her true family. Most people never understood the sacred bond between a rider and their creature. It even puzzled her family back on dragon stone. But the four of them bind by a unique bond no one had seen since the age of the dragons.

Verena willingly assumed Verenex and Viselar bound themselves to her because of her parents, they protected her as well as comforted her whenever they felt her uneasy. Saphira almost felt like a beloved daughter to her, she was younger than the other two dragons but just as large and fast.

"Shall we get back then?" she turned to Saphira and when the dragon swiftly fly down she knew that meant yes.

"I do hate when she does that," Verena complained to the other two as they followed after.

The three cordially detest residing in the dragon den, instead, they would rest in nearby fields terrorizing the farmers in the area. Before they flew away Verena kissed each of them and said her good nights.

Viselar was always the last one to fly. He made sure to note her going inside before his flight.

The same as the moonlit nights before. But this time when she reached near the entrance, Viselar did not fly to join the others. He approached Verena, sorely puzzled she walked to his side, his head leaning towards the opening, "Skoros iksis ziry Viselar?" What is it Viselar?

The dragon growled savagely moving his head closer when a shadowed figure stepped out. Viselar stayed in his position merely waiting for Verena to say dracarys and kill the mysterious presence.

Aemond unraveled his hood and stood straight. He displayed no excessive emotions of fear as the dragon's head merely remained a few inches from where he stood.

"Viselar." Verena warned. As strong as their bond was at the end of the day a dragon will remain a dragon. Even Verena could not control him when he harbours the hatred his rider has towards Aemond who stood presented in front of him.

Cautiously Verena took steps to step between them, out of instinct her hand was placed on Aemonds hip to shield him from the creature. She hadn't realized how she had pressed her back to Aemonds chest. How close they stood.

"Viselar go join the others," she sternly ordered.

When Viselar prised his jaw for an unknown reason Aemond reached between the arm that was securing him and bound his arm around her abdomen. Verena placed her protective hand over his and they clutched each other's hands when the dragon let out a deafening roar.

"Do not," Verena pointed a finger at him while her other arm stayed gripping Aemonds, "use that tone with me."

Bewildered Aemond looked down at Verena then back at the dragon. It seemed as if they were having a conversation. They naturally understood one another despite one being a woman and the other a creature. She replied back to each and every one of Viselars growls and grumbles.