16.

Aemond had barged into her chambers with Allora by her side holding a tray of food, quickly she placed it down and left not wanting to be in the same room as the two.

"Verena."

"Go away." she groaned pulling the covers over her head.

"You said you would eat before we left."

But no response was heard aside from another groan. Aemond grabbed the covers and forcibly pulled them down, revealing Verena in her nightdress.

Annoyed she shifted her head under the pillow to avoid the harsh sunlight that burned her eyes. She felt him grab her ankle and physically be dragged down the bed. Surprised at the appalling suddenness she turned her body and kicked him directly in his wound. Verena crawled back to hide under the covers.

"Go away Aemond."

"No." Once again he threw the covers off her to the ground and grabbed her waist. In a swift movement, he easily hurled her over his shoulder but wouldn't budge when she kept striking his back.

Placing her down on the chair by the table he gripped the arm of it and pushed the chair close to the table. Aemond went and sat across from her, pushing the tray directly in front of Verena. She couldn't help me glare at him and was considering viciously stabbing him with the fork directly in front of her.

"Eat."

Verena inhaled through her nose desperately trying to fight the urge of hurling the tray at his head and began to eat. Furiously taking a bite of her food as Aemond and her watched each other.

Verena reached with her left arm for her drink without any thought. Though when Aemond saw her wounds along with her burn in full light he couldn't take his eye off it. Initially, she was reflecting on what he was watching so curiously but then realised her nightdress had no sleeves. She placed down the mug and moved her arm under the table, looking away from him.

"Don't," Verena stated taking her final bite of the food she devoured.

"I already saw them."

"Then act like you didn't." she snapped stepping away from him. He wanted to respond at the tone of her voice, but there was no need to rile her up before such a critical meeting. Aemond merely stayed quiet removing his eye patch.

He turned around to catch a glimpse of her which inevitably resulted in Verena forcibly throwing her night dress directly on his face.

"Don't look." she harshly ordered changing into her clothing. Aemond frantically grabbed the fabric and forcefully launched it to the ground while uttering curses at her.

"I've already seen-"

"Shut up." Another item was thrown directly at his head, and Aemond had to breathe in through his nose to control himself with difficulty. Though a mild part of him enjoyed the act and he smiled to himself. The fact she was being childish and somehow acted as if everything hadn't occurred the past two weeks.

It did seem strange to him. Why Verena changed her negative attitude towards him? What was it specifically about last night that she had asked him to stay? He was sure she had something planned, Verena would never offer her bed to him unless something was bound to happen.

There was no chance she was going to escape nor try to use the meeting to run away to dragonstone.

So what exactly was it?

Aemond broke loose from his concentration when he heard a deep sigh behind him. For a moment he was cautious about turning, thinking another item would be thrown at his head. But he did turn and marked Verena standing in front of the mirror dressed in green and black. Carefully he observed her face in the mirror as she examined herself with dull eyes. He could see the dull life in her eyes leaving with each glance at her clothing.