6.

Verena stood in front of the painted table at Dragonstone with her back straight and her hands clasped behind them in a precarious hold, surrounded by Rhaenyra's supporters. Political discussions of brutal battles and harsh techniques were argued back and forth.

"We have unclaimed dragons with no riders. What do you plan to do about that key problem Prince Daemon?" A lord fiercely questioned, a grave question that no one knew the answer to.

"Queen Verena is the rider of three dragons who's to say a rider cannot claim another?" Daemon answered in petty irritation.

"My Prince, Queen Verena has been the only Targaryen in the history of Westeros to claim more than one dragon. It is unlikely there will be another."

She was currently referred to as Queen Verena on Dragonstone, to many back in Westeros her being a Queen was unknown and Verena was not one to command to be referred to as one especially when it is still questionable Bralia could even be considered a kingdom. But since her wedding night, since that damn toast anyone who approached her in Dragonstone referred her to Queen Verena in a questionable tone.

Arguments broke out, the similar ones she had been hearing nonstop for the past two months since escaping Kings Landing. She rarely spoke or offered any help in strategics, mostly Verena kept to her room during the dreary day, and would secretly escape on dragon back in the night to Bralia.

There was a great deal of impact on the war caused by Luke's death. In violent retaliation, Daemon had Aegon's son, savagely murdered for the death of his stepson. His declaration of "a son for a son" was uttered as the brutal murder of Luke was revealed. It was a grisly murder committed by Aemond Targaryen himself.

No one blamed Verena for any of the tragic events that transpired, but Jace did he liked to remind her every significant day that it was her own husband that killed his little brother. She had heeded the harsh words so much that Verena was inevitably beginning to believe that it in fact was of her own actions. It had grown to the point where Jace detested her and hated her in a way that she had never thought possible.

There was a possibility that the young innocent Prince would not have died if she never returned in the first place. That maybe Rhaenyra wouldn't have lost her daughter as well in the gruesome premature birth.

Her memories of the morning after her wedding have haunted her ever since she got away. Despite the fact that the drastic change only occurred in a few hours, it had left an indelible impression on her mind.

Verena woke to instantly glance at the profound emptiness beside her bed. To tell the truth, she felt relieved not having to encounter him after last night. She laid on her back, wistfully recalling the beautiful gem he revealed to her, that he allowed her to remove the patch.

After some considerable time of lazily turning in her new bed, Verena forcibly pulled herself out and instantly began dressing just in case her new husband wants to come back. She did not want to be naked if that happened.

"Verena!" Allora frantically yelled busting into the chambers.

"Well good morning to-"

"The King is dead," she revealed with terrible panic laced with her words.

"What?" Verena hoarsely questioned feeling her throat burn.

"There is no time to mourn Verena. You must quickly escape the rest of your family is fleeing as well to safety." Allora secured a hold of Verena's shoulder with a frightened look solemnly burned to her face.

"Escaping? Allora was it happening?"

With excessive worry, Allora grabbed the princess by her sore wrist and ran frantically hauling Verena behind her. "They crowned Aegon as king." She revealed turning a corner near the exit.