Story IV: love story - Pt3.

(Note: Billy & Hopper are both still alive and well and in Hawkins in this chapter.)

~ Elmax story ~

1986 season 4

A lot happened in this last year. Something to do with a huge monster called the mind flayer. The party has defeated the monster once again, but not without a big loss this time. Everyone survived lucky, but Eleven her mind powers were gone. The monster got to her and since then she hadn't been able to use her powers anymore.

Hopper, the father of Eleven, got together with Joyce, the mom of Will as they had decided to move away to California together for mostly the safety of their children. But that meant that Eleven was going to be separated from Max. For real this time.

Max and Eleven had met in secret almost daily behind the cabin at those rocks, before their whole world turned upside down. Max had helped Eleven side by side to defeat this awful monster. Together with the party, friends and loved once they saved Hawkins once again. But for how long? That's what they all thought. That's why Hopper and Joyce had decided to move away. The brunette was deviated. As was the ginger. Hopper had seen how well the two took care of eachother while fighting this monster. He saw something more then friendship in their eyes and this time he wasn't trying pull them apart on purpose, he just wanted to keep his kid and Joyce's kid safe. And Hawkins wasn't the place for that.

Eleven had sobbed, screamed and yelled into Hopper his arms. Begging to stay. "What if it'll come back? What if I'm not here to protect them? To protect Max?" She had cried out. "You can't protect them anymore kid, you have no powers. The only way to protect them, is that I keep you safe." Hopper had said in return. There was no escaping this. They were moving. No questions asked. Max and Eleven had met one last time to kiss goodbye. And it felt like Max wanted to say something, but didn't.

Fast forward a couple of months. The family had moved to California and it already had been 125 days since Eleven and Max had seen each other. They wrote each other almost daily as they called multiple times a week. Hopper had allowed it, since he now saw how much Max meant to his Daughter. He saw that she was happier with then without Max.

But on day 157 the red head didn't pick up the phone. That wasn't normal for her to do. She never missed Eleven her call. The brunette tried to call her multiple times, but nothing. Max had been more distant these few weeks, but she never missed a call. The hazel eyed girl started to worry. What if a gate opened up again? What if there were monsters again? If only she had her mind powers, she could have checked up on her. Eleven called Mike, a party member, asking if he knew were Max was. He told her he hadn't seen her at all today or heard from her at all. Now Eleven really started to worry.

The next day came and still no sign from the ginger. The silence was deafening as the brunette was worried sick. Did something happen to her? Or was Max giving up on their relationship? Doubt and worries filled the head of Eleven as she hadn't been able to think about anything else for the last couple of days. They last time she spoke to Max she also sounded distracted and she couldn't call for long. Were they just falling apart?

The next evening Eleven had gone to the park behind their house, to try and distract herself from everything what was going on. She stares out onto the lake. Hoping, wishing, that Max was be okay. That they were okay. Eleven had worried about this since the day they moved. Being to far away from each other, that their relationship couldn't last. That Max would find someone better, someone close to her. Thoughts like that kept the brunette awake at night. Would she ever come back to her? Eleven her faith in Max felt like it was slowly fading away.