Planning

Qibli PoV:

Crash!

Qibli jerked his head up, blinking his eyes open, just in time to see a dark red tail vanish from the doorway. Apparently Flame had decided to wake them up by knocking over the scroll rack by the door. Winter either didn't hear the crash or fell back asleep, because the IceWing was stretched out with an arm draped gently over Qibli's shoulders, one of his wings still covering Qibli. As cute as Winter was while he was sleeping, Qibli knew that he needed to wake the IceWing up since classes would be starting soon.

"Winter..." Qibli said, nudging the IceWing's shoulder. He almost immediately woke up, yawning and stretching his wings as he stood up.

"What was that loud noise?" Winter mumbled, rubbing the top of his snout blearily.

"Flame," Qibli replied. "Apparently he decided that he'd wake us up by knocking the scroll rack over." Which is odd for him, normally he'd just let us be late for class. Maybe we are growing on him.

"Well, I guess that means we'd better get to class," Winter said, stepping off the ledge and shaking himself from horns to tail. Qibli stood up and stretched before following Winter into the halls and to their first class.

~timeskip brought to you by Aqua the SeaWing~

After their classes were finished, the Jade and Silver Winglets headed to have dinner after finishing their deskwork. Other than Flame, who wasn't friends with anyone - yet - Fin and Turtle, who were closer since they were brothers, and Coconut, who everyone kind of avoided because the RainWing didn't want to do much of anything, everyone was friends with everyone; they generally all hung out together. However, if the whole group wasn't together, then there were also groups that the dragons usually spent their classes with; Pheasant, Fin, and Deathflight often hung out together. Sometimes Qibli and Winter would join them but most times they just stuck with each other. Moon, Turtle, Kinkajou, and Peril were usually together, sometimes accompanied by Snowfox, Ostrich, or Bulrush the MudWing.

A few minutes later they reached the prey center, where the rest of the school was also eating. They split up to gather food for themselves before regrouping to one side of the cave. Not ten minutes later everyone had food. Everyone, except for Qibli. He hoped that no one would notice and start trying to convince him to eat something, so instead he started up a conversation. Everyone chatted happily, laughing about Deathflight, Kinkajou, and Qibli's merchant joke reenactment when Winter brushed Qibli's wing. Qibli turned to face him, everyone else still laughing and listening to Kinkajou and Deathflight's comedic arguing.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" Winter asked quietly compared to the din of conversation around them.

"What do you mean?" Qibli asked distractedly.

"You haven't eaten all day," Winter pointed out.

"SandWings are naturally light eaters," Qibli deflected with a shrug.

"But you usually at least eat something every day," Winter said, pinning Qibli down with his gaze before he could turn back to the rest of the group. Qibli shifted uncomfortably under the IceWing's piercing gaze and tapped his claws nervously on the floor.

"Psst," Kinkajou stage-whispered suddenly, "Qibli. Your line." Qibli sighed, grateful for an excuse to get out of the conversation and turned to the group to continue the act. Winter didn't bring it up again, but Qibli noticed the IceWing keeping a close eye on him, and he had a feeling they'd be talking about it later. Finally, as the sun began to set and Ostrich, Kinkajou, and Deathflight started getting drowsy, the group split up and headed to their sleeping caves. When Winter and Qibli reached their cave, Flame was spread out on his ledge, writing.