Rebuilding Zumwalt part 1

IJN Aircraft Carrier Kaga. Time 1:22 PM. Location Pacific Ocean R&D Department inside IJN Kaga.

A sound of a plasma cutter can be heard throughout the metal hallways of Kaga's ship it is the only sound aside from the ship's engines. Inside the dark room, a short green-haired ship girl with a welding mask on could be seen performing over Zumwalt's unconscious form as Kaga watched her leaning back on a cold steel wall to make sure she didn't come up with any ideas. The room was dim aside from the plasma cutter and other lights turned on such as lamps on other gurneys and beds in the R&D Department most likely the infirmary for ship girls.

"How's it coming along Akashi?"

"It's going good so far nya he was certainly heavily damaged but it's nothing I can't replace nya the only thing that confuses me though is why some of his weapons aren't what they're actually supposed to be nya."

"Hmm...maybe it has something to do with how long he was underwater? His weapons might've corroded and the wisdom cube might've replaced it with a weapon system resembling the wrecked gear and armor?"

"Yes I could see that nya It would explain how he was so easily tracked the Zumwalt's were supposed to be almost untraceable nya"

"Hmm. What are some of it's specs that it's missing?"

Akashi visibly puckers her lips before turning back to face Kaga turning off the plasma cutter that was cutting off Zumwalt's AA Defenses.

"It has three sonars. A bow-mounted mid-frequency unit, a hull-mounted high-frequency sonar, and a towed sonar so that it can still search for submarines without broadcasting its exact location for torpedoes. Nya"

Kaga widened her eyes a bit that was some serious anti-submarine equipment. It seems that the Eagle Union spared no expenses working on this ship before the sirens attacked.

"It's current radar is the AN/SPY-3 in case you were wondering Nya."

Kaga was blown away by Akashi's words.

"That's...amazing! If we can find the rest of the parts for Zumwalt ships we can use them to rebuild it's Riggings but at the moment what's the only thing we can rebuild Akashi?"

"Well we can replace his AA Defense which like I said earlier now seems to be a land-based AA Defense with the SM-2 and Evolved Sea Sparrow Missiles nya"

"How long would that take Akashi?"

"With me? Only about 2-3 hours nya~"

"Well get to it then."

Following this Kaga briskly walks out of the R&D Room and into her metal corridors inside her ship. Lamps lining the roof of the hallways swing slightly the metal hallway is a straight line with doors lining each side of it. She soon approaches a flight of stairs that leads to her runway as she walks up the stairs soon standing on her runway with Akagi staring back at the sun beating down on her deck and reflecting off her plane's wings causing her to look away from them and redirect her attention to Akagi.

"Well, dear sister?"

"It's going good so far. We can't replace all of his armaments not yet anyway. But we're replacing his AA defenses now same with his sonar capabilities and we're working on fixing his radar which was broken during his previous fight the SPY-3 Radar."

Akagi nodded her head before looking up into the sky wistfully before looking back down at Kaga for a moment. "With him on our side...I feel that there's no way we can lose."

Kaga nodded her head if all goes well then in about a day they should arrive at Pearl Harbor more than enough time for Akashi to replace his AA defenses. Although he'll most likely still be weak they'll keep him in the sea to provide cover as they send troops to the islands. They wouldn't want any Kansen or aircraft in the air while they're invading the island now, would they?

___________________

Location: Unknown. Time: Unknown

A pinkish sky was seen over the ocean that seemed to distort every now and then before regaining its shape as 2 women Could be seen standing next to each other another one was floating in front of them a Black cube in her hand and a grin on her face.

"It is time my comrades...it's time for Orochi to rise all we must do now is wait for Akagi to return and our plan will finally succeed~"

___________________

You wake with a cold layer of sweat covering your upper body and soreness all over your back as you slowly sit up in the bed stifling a grunt.
"H-Hello?" You say as your eyes wince with how hoarse and dry your voice sounds as a light flickers to life underneath a door as that same door soon opens light spilling into the room and over your face as you squint your eyes as Enterprise walks through...Wait no. That's not Enterprise that's Kaga as the figure soon forms into the shape of Kaga.

"Did you have a good rest, Zumwalt?"
"Yes."
"That's good to hear we're about 4 hours out of Pearl Harbor. Akashi fixed your radar and replaced your sonar and AA defenses as well. We'll need to learn how you perform in combat with these upgrades so we need you up and running now Zumwalt."

Kaga holds out her hand to you as you look at it for a second before throwing the blankets off of you and grabbing her hand as she helps pull you up kansen strength you think to yourself. Not something that should be messed with as she pulls one of your arms over her neck supporting you for a bit while she leads you through a dimly lit metal labyrinth before you tell her you are able to walk by yourself as she lets go of you.

Eventually, you both arrive outside and the view is...breathtaking.

It was a perfect cloudless day the sun high up in the sky and the ocean perfectly calm the warmth of the sun being absorbed in your new clothes...Wait new clothes!?

You look down to see that your wearing a simple pair of jeans with brown combat boots and a black zipped hoodie on unzipped of course revealing a simple white t-shirt as a blush creeps on you slowly.

"U-Uhh who um...dressed me?"
"I did" Kaga responds simply
"Did you uhh.."
"No. I don't know why you would even think that. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean I'd do...ya know...that."

"Well then let's run some combat drills with your new AA Defenses since I assume you know how to use your Radar and Sonar yes?"

You nodded your head who the hell did she think she was talking to?

"Good we're going to pair you up with Zuikaku and Shoukaku just to get you used to the basics when it comes to working as a team is that alright with you?"

"I just want a chance to train I haven't used my guns in a while and I'm anxious to try out my new AA defense if I'm being honest" You reply

Kaga grinned. "Well then let's start."
"Of course." You replied while staring at the sun...Truly a beautiful thing to behold.