Changing Tides

7:55 AM Pacific Ocean

Location: Pearl Harbor

The sound of planes screaming in the air broke you out of a rage-induced trance as you continue battering the island with LRLAP Missiles as fires were erupting from the island.

The sound of screams bombs detonating and plumes of dirt and sand amongst...Other things...We're giving you a sick sense of satisfaction 'Serves you right...All of you deserve this for letting that bastard stay here...You all must have known but chose to ignore it...Well, now it's going to cost you!'

You sail onto the shore with your rigging still summoned on you as you make your way inland anytime you see anything move in bushes or trees you fire your rail-guns at the disturbance and then continue on your way as you walk into a burnt town.

"P-Please...Help us!" A hoarse voice rasps towards you as you charge up your rail-guns and turn to see a young boy with a younger girl cowering behind him their faces were dirty with grime and...Blood.

Seeing these kids all alone and helpless looking at you for help shatters something in your mind as your eyes slowly widen in shock as you shake your head over and over again

'Wait...No this wasn't supposed to happen...These kids are innocent they don't know what happened...And their parents did I?'

An overwhelming feeling of dread washes over you as these two kids look up at you. Their eyes were full of hope of making it out of here as you backed away "D-Don't come near me kids...I-I just...Just go! Hurry head to the north side of the island stick to the ground and crawl and wait there for the Azur lane fleet." You yell at them as they wince before listening to you as you watch them fade into the tree line as you go onto the radio.

"To all Sakura Empire troops. Recall your aircraft and your inland attacks we've achieved our goals. I repeat recall your aircraft and stop your inland attacks and return to the main base. Zumwalt out"

You cut off the radio line before looking at your hands picturing blood all over them...You've royally fucked up. You thought they were all corrupt but...They weren't you put your hands down and let out a yell of pure anguish as the Azur Lane fleet finally arrives at the north side of your island you summon your ship and sail away from the island in the southeast direction not following the Sakura Empire fleet nor staying to be captured.

'I was wrong. I'm wrong...Flawed. I can't let my emotions control me nor must I let enemies control my emotions...Until then I'm by myself...Alone'

___________________

Eagle Union territory

Location: Florida peninsular coast Eagle Union's Azur Lane branch HQ

Time: 4:33 PM

Date 11-4-19

Approximately 3 months after the attack on Pearl Harbor carried out by the Sakura Empire and Zumwalt.

Commander Adrien Kingston was sitting in his office with 2 fingers against his left temple his other fingers underneath his jaw and he lets out a sigh as he looks at a paper given to him by New Jersey. While they all knew Zumwalt was a stealth ship he figured with all the combined fleets of Azur Lane he should've been easy to find but surprise surprise. He wasn't. It took over 3 months of nonstop searching before they finally were able to capture a picture of his ship in the Southern Sea as such he's been tasked with subduing Zumwalt for attacking Pearl Harbor.

Normally he would've been given the death sentence however it seems that he helped the Azur Lane fleet by making the Sakura Empire fleet retreat as such the attack only lasted around 7 minutes and the only real damage was to the military outposts and a few towns. Regardless he still needed to be held accountable. Many Eagle Union Commanders agree that he's too advanced to be terminated.