Clash Of Beliefs

You woke up to unfamiliar surroundings a bright light illuminating the space above you as you slowly lift one of your arms with some effort to block the light groaning. And then the smell hit you.

Chemicals. Alcohol it reeked of anti-septics as you wrinkled your nose as you blink the bleariness away your surroundings slowly coming into focus.

You were in a small white room tucked into a bed your helmet on a nightstand next to you. Your revolvers on a mannequin placed to the far left side of the room same with your bandolier and gun belt as well as your armor-plated coat. As you sit up you hear a door click open as footsteps echo across the walls getting louder and coming closer.

The door to your door opens revealing a relatively short woman with a black nurse outfit approaching you smiling.

"Good to see you awake Zumwalt. My name is Vestal you are a special case but I'm sure you are aware of that." You nod your head

"I'm the only male ship. Ever."
Vestal nodded her head "Aside from the Commander who I've treated a few times from work burnout you are the only other male here speaking of which he would like to speak with you now."

You looked up at the woman now known as Vestal as she smiles at you again before letting a small grin show. "Thank you for taking care of me Vestal."

"No worries after all I have another person to take care of more than anyone else nowadays..." Vestal trails off looking exasperated before recovering. "Once your ready Enterprise will take you to the Commander she doesn't like to be kept waiting so if I were you I'd get ready quickly!"

"Will do Ma'am"

You pull the covers off of you moving them to the side of the bed as you move your legs over the side of the bed before standing up and remaking the bed grabbing your helmet and holding it in one hand as you put it underneath the mannequin grabbing your coat putting it on strapping on the Bandolier and gun belt before strapping the helmet on the gun belt as you tie your hair back up into a man bun.

You nod at Vestal as another gesture of thanks before walking to your door clicking it open then freezing before looking backwards.

"Would you mind telling me where the exit to the actual clinic is and not just my room Vestal?"
"Oh, right I almost forgot about that follow me!"

_____________

After Vestal leads you out of the clinic, which was much bigger than you thought it would be, you see one of the ship girls on Wales ship during your reconstruction. Silver flowing hair purple eyes an Azur lane cap on with a coat reaching down to her thighs. She also wore a sleeveless button-up with a black skirt with gold lines at the bottom black thigh highs and black boots.

She looks up at you her face showing no emotion as she says "Follow me"

You nod as she leads you to the Commander's office you ask her a question "How long was I out?" "Well since you used vast amounts of energy charging up your railguns and expended all your ammo tiring you out further. You were out for 4 days."

Your eyes widen in shock '4 days? Damn thought I was just out for a couple of hours' You thought to yourself as you let out a sigh. "Guess even I have limits."

Enterprise nodded as you both walked the rest of the way to the Commander's office in somewhat comfortable silence for a few minutes as she stops at the Commander's office.

"Zumwalt...What you did for us 4 days ago we haven't forgotten even with me there, there was no way we could've sunk them all before we got sunk so...Thank you"