Zumwalt's weapons so far

Zumwalt's weapons

The ship is designed around its two Advanced Gun Systems (AGS), turrets with 920 round magazines, and unique Long Range Land Attack Projectile (LRLAP) ammunition.

added the Electromagnetic rail-guns after I heard that it might get refitted with them. They can also serve as AA Defenses apparently due to the high amount of Kinetic energy the rail-guns produce.

SM-2 and Evolved Sea Sparrow Missiles (ESSM) but with upgrades (Including the AN/SPY-6 radar) this could also include SM-6 and SM-3 missiles. The SM-2 is the oldest of these weapons and is being phased out and replaced by the longer range SM-6 missiles for standard long-range air threats and close-in Ballistic Missile Defense. The ESSMs are the close in missiles for the ship and are quad-packed in a launching cell and are to be ripple-fired at incoming anti-ship missiles or air-threats. The SM-3 is a pure Anti-Ballistic Missile. It is exoatmospheric, meaning it probably wouldn't do much if any good against aircraft but with recent upgrades it can intercept ICBMs in the Midcourse phase. The SM-2, SM-6, and ESSM also have a secondary surface-to-surface mode but due to smaller warheads than dedicated ASMs and higher flight paths they aren't excellant in this role.

Zummwalt carries two SH-60 Seahawks. The SH-60 Romeo have an AN/APS-153 radar typically used for surface search and can detect submarine periscopes and snorkels out to fairly long distances. The -153 can also carry out imaging using its highly sensitive array. Additionally the helicopters can carry Penguin (AGM-119) Anti-Ship Missiles (though this is being phased out) and there are proposals to fit the Naval Strike Missile to them for over the horizon attacks. For closer in work Hellfire Missiles along with APKWS can be used. By using the helicopters to scout the ship doesn't give away its position via radar transmissions.

There may be more that I haven't found out about but as of this moment these are all the weapons Zumwalt or well I should say the reader has.

And on another note. To all the people who give me criticism and tell me how I could make my story better and the ones who tell me more about the USS Zumwalt I thank you. This is only my 2nd ever fic posted on this website and I started writing it for myself with no desire to post it online and with all the feedback I've acquired so far I think that you all are helping me create better chapters that are more action packed and accurate. So to those people...I thank you truly it means a lot to me that some people actually read my horrible ideas and then encourage me to continue writing more chapters and how to make it more accurate.

I'll see you all next chapter but first I guess I could give you a little teaser for the next chapter.

7:55 AM Pacific Ocean

Location: Pearl Harbor

The sound of planes screaming in the air got you out of a rage-induced trance as you continue battering the island with LRLAP Missiles as fires were erupting on the island.

The sound of screams bombs detonating and plumes of dirt and sand amongst...Other things...We're giving you a sick sense of satisfaction 'Serves you right...All of you deserve this for letting that bastard stay here...You all must have known but chose to ignore it...Well, now it's going to cost you!'

You sail onto the shore with your rigging still summoned on you as you make your way inland anytime you see anything move in bushes or trees you fire your rail-guns at the disturbance and then continue on your way as you walk into a burnt town.

"P-Please...Help us!" A hoarse voice rasps towards you as you charge up your rail-guns and turn to see a young boy with a younger girl cowering behind him their faces were dirty with grime and...Blood.

Seeing these kids all alone and helpless looking at you for help shatters something in your mind as your eyes slowly widen in shock as you shake your head over and over again

'Wait...No this wasn't supposed to happen...These kids are innocent they don't know what happened...And their parents did I?'

An overwhelming feeling of dread washes over you as these two kids look up at you eyes full of hope of making it out of here as you back away "D-Don't come near me kids...I-I just...Just go! Hurry head to the north side of the island stick to the ground and crawl and wait there for the Azur lane fleet." You yell at them as they wince before listening to you as you watch them fade into the tree line as you go onto the radio.

"To all Sakura Empire troops. Recall your aircraft and your inland attacks we've achieved our goals. I repeat recall your aircraft and stop your inland attacks and return to the main base. Zumwalt out"

You cut off the radio line before looking at your hands picturing blood all over them...You've royally fucked up. You thought they were all corrupt but...They weren't you put your hands down and let out a yell of pure anguish as the Azur Lane fleet finally arrives at the north side of your island you summon your ship and sail away from the island in the southeast direction not following the Sakura Empire fleet nor staying to be captured.

'I was wrong. I'm wrong...Flawed. I can't let my emotions control me nor must I let enemies control my emotions...Until then I'm by myself...Alone'

EDIT: Hey everyone the author here...Again lol. I just wanted to come out and say if for whatever reason you guys want to use my OC you can I have no problems with it just give credit to this fic and I'll be perfectly fine with you using my OC or just referencing it.