Chapter 3

Lizzie's pov

Over the last week since Y/N came to mine for dinner, we have texted and called. He has been busy with work and surgeries and it is Saturday so I asked Scar for a little help so I can surprise him with lunch at work. As I walked through the halls of the fourth floor, I saw him talking to someone before shaking their hand. When his eyes met mine he wore a huge smile on his face as I approached him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me surprised by my visit. 

"I wanted to see and I thought I would surprise you with lunch." I told him as I shown him the bag.

"Come on, we'll eat in my office." He said as he grabbed my free hand and led the way. He opened the door to let me in as I looked around as he closed the door. He led me to a sofa in the room as I looked shocked. "I like to spend most of my breaks here in the calm. It helps soothe me." He clarified as I  took the containers out of the bag.

"I hope you enjoy Tuna Salad." I told him with a shy smile. "Colin told Scar that you like it." I told him shyly.

"You've been doing your research on me." He teased me making me giggle.

"Yes I have. I want to know what you like and don't like." I told him honestly.

"Well that is really sweet Lizzie. Thank you." He said with a smile as we both started to eat. He started to tell me about his patients he has had today.

"What time do you get off?" I asked him as he finished his salad. 

"I have one more small surgery to perform in an hour and then it is just checking on my patients." He said thoughtfully. "So I think probably around 7pm."

"Are you in work tomorrow?" I asked him as he shook his head no. "Well Scar has asked Colin if he wants to go out drinking tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to?"

"I would go anywhere if you asked me Lizzie." He told me with a soft smile as he took our containers and placed them on his desk before joining me back on the sofa. "So has school been this week?" He asked me as I told him about the kids in my class. His smile never faltered as I spoke about them excitedly. "So do you want kids?" He asked me making my eyes snap to his. 

"It's a bit early for this conversation." I said shocked slightly.

"I don't think it is. I think it is better to know earlier on that we both want the same outcome in this relationship because otherwise it is just a waste of time." He said as he held my hand in his as he rubbed his thumb softly over my knuckles. 

"I have always wanted kids but Robbie my ex." I said as I took a deep breath. "It wasn't until he proposed to me that he told me he didn't want to have kids. He didn't want to lose his freedom." I said sadly. 

"I want kids." Y/N said as he just smiled at me. There was no judgement or any sort of condescending glint in his eyes. "And anyone who doesn't want kids with you is fucking pathetic." He made me smile as I looked up at him. "See it's easier to know that we want the same things. We may not be in love because well how do we really know what love is."

"You don't believe in love?" I asked him in disbelief. 

"No, I believe more in the passion that we share. The goals we want to achieve together. The future we want to build together." He said with a gentle smile. It kind of hurt a little that he said that but I know one thing for sure. It is my mission to make him believe in love. I don't know how to do it but I will make him believe. He opened his arms for me as I leaned into his arms. I sighed as I enjoyed his warmth before I had to leave. 

When I got home, I screamed when I saw Scar sat on my sofa eating my strawberries. She smirked at me as I had a slight heart attack due to the fright of her being here unannounced.