Chapter 10

Lizzie's pov

I loved having Y/N home. I had missed him so much. Now we're looking for a house of our own. He was sat beside me, his laptop on the coffee table. A list of houses on the screen before us.

"Maybe we could get it near your parents?" He asked me softly.

"Oh yeah." I nodded with a bright smile. "I haven't seen them in a while. They would also want to meet you." I told him as he just smiled at me. Kissing me softly.

"Well whenever that may be, I would be honoured to meet them sunshine." He smiled at me. "So, houses."

We both spent the better half of the afternoon looking for our own place. Our first home together as a couple. I know that a lot of people will say we are moving too fast, but I don't care. I know one thing for certain. I am indeed in love with Y/N Y/L/N and I am meant to spend the rest of my life with him.

As the months went on, we had settled on a house with a nice sized garden. Although Colin didn't take the news of Y/N moving out too well. Well neither did Y/N. It was like watching kids saying goodbye to their best friend before they go on holiday.

Although both Lizzie and Scarlett found it entertaining. It was an end of an era for the two best friends.

"You do realise you will still see each other practically everyday?" Scarlett spoke with a teasing edge to her voice.

"That's not the same and you know it." Colin told her as he held onto Y/N tightly.

"We won't see each other when we finish work anymore. Or wake up together." Y/N cried making me laugh.

"Do you cuddle?" I asked the two as they looked at each other.

"That is confidential information." Y/N pointed his finger at me. The two still not really moving fast enough to break their hug.

"They definitely do." Scarlett smirked as I laughed.

As the weeks went on, we had made the house our home. Y/N had fixed the garden up for me and my little garden. He also made a small home gym for himself in the garden. Building a canopy so the equipment doesn't get wet. But it is perfect for when I am out tending to my plants. I get the perfect view of watching him.

"I have to go sweetheart, but your breakfast is on the table." He kissed me softly before he left. He had the early morning shift so he was up and out before me. We had fallen into a nice routine. It felt very domesticated.

When I had parked in my spot at the school, I was soon met with Chris wearing a smile.

"Hey Lizzie, I was wondering if you had moved?" He asked me as I sighed. "I went by your place a few times and it seems empty."

"I have sold it and moved in with Y/N." I told him bluntly.

"Y/N. Your boyfriend." He nodded his head. I could see a slither of anger in his gaze.

"Yes. He is my boyfriend and we are very serious." I told him as I caught sight of Scarlett in the corner of my eye. Approaching me. "So please stop this puppy dog act. Stop following me around because it is creeping me out."

"Ok." He nodded as he clenched his jaw before he walked away. I sighed when Scarlett headed over to me.

"Are you ok?" Scarlett asked me as I nodded. "Is Y/N on the late shift tonight?"

"Yeah." I told her. "He won't finish until 11pm."

"Well then, I will come over and keep you company." She told me as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we both walked to our classrooms to get ready for the day.

Y/N pov

After a very long shift, I was happy to be heading home. So I was walking to my car, my keys in my hand before I was met with Chris.

"Are you ok Chris?" I asked him. I looked him over for injuries.

"I will be." He told me. My eyes widened as I watched him pull out a pistol. Aiming it at my chest. "I hear that you're a cardiothoracic surgeon. Lizzie talks a lot about you. It's sickening."

"What are you doing?" I asked him. Trying to remain as calm as possible.

"I am simply getting rid of the competition." He shrugged as the gun remained aimed at my chest. "You see, I have done my research. I know that your the only Cardiac surgeon here. Other than a resident who is nowhere near ready to do a solo surgery without you." I watched as he spoke. My heart pounding in my chest. "Without you to perform surgery on you, well let's face it. You are a dead man."

With that, a gun shot was fired. The sound echoing through the hospital parking lot. I watched as he turned around to leave as I fell to the ground. The only thought running through my mind was Lizzie.

No One's pov

Y/N was laying in the parking lot, trying to stop the bleeding himself. It wasn't until a couple of other doctors had exited the building.

"Quick!! We need a gurney." They started to apply more pressure to the wound. Looking into Y/N's tired eyes. "We're going to fix you right up Y/N. I promise you are going to be fine."

With that, Y/N closed his eyes. Hearing the sounds of doctors yelling instructions and directions before everything went black. The doctors then working tirelessly to save him.

AN

Here you go guys. Please let me know what you think.