What Tongue?

"How dare you?" Her father roared, his eyes bleeding black.

"Shift and I'll kill you," I growled, still sitting, watching my female's father work himself up into a rage.

"Aslin!" He snarled, clenching his fists but the black had left his eyes, "Are you going to let him treat me like this?"

"Azrael," She said softly, turning those big blue eyes on me with a desperate plea.

Don't worry beautiful, let me get rid of this trash and then I'll make sure you know how good you did.

"Arin!" I yelled, the doors quickly opening as one of my soldiers entered the room with a deep scowl. He must have heard everything. "Show my in-laws to their...proper resting place."

Fear sparked in my mates eyes and I pressed a kiss to her hand before standing. "I'll be back."

Arin escorted Aslin's parents out of the room quickly. His eyes gleaming wickedly. She seemed comforted by her brother's presence so I didn't drag him along with me, but hatred burned through my veins at the coward. He didn't speak until she did, at least he defended her I suppose.

"I'll take care of them." I said to her, softening my voice, "Go find Theorn and Esmae. They should be in the dining hall. Don't tell her what just happened."

"Yes sir," She replied, wrapping her small body around me before pulling away. "Come on Bryn. I have some friends for you to meet."

I watched her leave, leading Bryn out of the room with a tight smile. Rolling my shoulders back in a futile effort to rid myself of the tension. Time to deal with the nasty people that somehow managed to create perfection.

I left the half eaten dinner, waving at one of the servants so she would begin cleaning off the table. Heading out the front doors with two of my men flanking me. Perhaps it was time for me to take Killian up on his offer. Putting a few nobles in their places would be extremely satisfying. Unfortunately my heart belonged here no matter how hard I tried to fight it.

Casi flanked me on my right and the male he was so clearly in love with took a spot up on my left. They both wore similarly furious expressions. Esmae was well known here and we all loved her, the last few weeks had been hard on everyone and I had had to send some of my males to keep an eye on Garren.

We headed to the training grounds, the sounds of Aslin's belligerent father sounding throughout the large space. His mate had her nose lifted high in the air as she stared down the large males surrounding her. I could tell Dane was going to be an issue the moment I saw him, the way my perfect female tried to rid herself of feelings as soon as she saw him.

"What are you doing?" Dane snapped, charging forward only to be stopped by loud snarls from the males beside me.

"The question is what are you doing?" I growled, rolling up the sleeves of the clean white button down I had put on earlier in preparation to meet these animals.

"We demand you let us go!" Adalin shrieked, earning herself a cutting look from Dane.

"You demand?" I threw my head back and laughed, letting my eyes shift as I lowered my gaze to look at her again. "Let's get one thing straight. You have no power here."

"I am a viscount!" Dane roared, "I am higher ranking than you!"

I approached him with predatory intent, "Are you? Do you not know what I really am yet?"

"What are you talking about?" He snapped, his rage blinding him to the danger he was in.

"I am the adopted son of the King." I snarled, watching as some of the color drained from his face, "My parents ruled these mountains in his name until their untimely demise. That power will go to me the second I wish and I will outrank the duke himself."

"You're lying!" Adalin yelled, wrapping her boney hand around her mate's forearm, "The king never adopted anyone!"

"Is that so?" I shook my head, reaching up and pulling off my shirt.

Willing the glamor that I had one of the few witches that resided in these mountains to disappear. I flexed my muscles at the strange feeling, but turned, showing them the brand that had been burned into my skin. The king's crest. It marked me as one of his own and gave me access to the kingdom.

"That can't be..." Dane breathed.

I turned just in time to see the blood leave both of their faces. Dane was trying and failing to maintain his composure, his hands trembling slightly.

"Now," I grinned, watching them with black eyes, my beastly side ready to get revenge for its pack. "Who is going to be apologizing to my mate first?"

"We have nothing to apologize for," Dane huffed, getting over his fear surprisingly quickly.

"Really?" I shook my head, taking a step forward so he was reminded just how big our size difference was, "How do you think your son would feel if he heard you talking about his mate like that?"

"He would agree!" Adalin shrieked again, her shrill voice drilling into my skull.

"Bryn seemed to be under a different impression," I replied, glaring down at them. "He said something about cutting out your tongues."

"You wouldn't!" His eyes went wide, stumbling back as I approached. "You can't!"

"Hold him down," The horrified shrieked words of his mate clawed at my skin, "And shut her up!"

Short chapter but don't worry. I'll be posting the second half soon.