Chapter 1

Leaving.

I peeped through the tiny space in the door, no sound, all quiet, you could hear a pin drop. I retracted my head inside the dark room- as I like it- I stared at the empty big black box- that I've been staring at since 6am in the morning- now its 12pm and I've until 8pm to catch my flight.

*Sigh*, thought running, flying through my mind, why do they have to send me away? I mean not chase me out of the house basically, but, for goodness sake why are you sending me to a boarding school, this is not fair, you're basically shutting me out of the world. I know I'm not totally social, but my phone, iPad all these gadgets that are my companion will not be anymore- at least for the next 3 months- suicide.

My name's Tiffany Louis, and I'm 16. I'm 5"6feet-tall.
My parents are sending me to a boarding school out of town, they believe I'll be better off there, well, we can't know unless we try, Right?
I'm a senior in high school also.

I was told no cellphone is allowed in my soon to be new school, we're only allowed to use the land -line provided by the school, guess what? - once a week- how lovely.

I opened my big black box - again- but this time with the determination to start packing something. I took my best hoodies plus the best colors that would make my face pop, mini dresses, coats, boots, shoes basically flats- I'm afraid of heights-, nice underwears, scarfs- I'll be spending my time in church-, skirts, at this point my big black box is full, and I'm frustrated; I mean I've not packed anything yet. I bring out a smaller colored box and stuffed the other things I think I might be needing, and zipped the both bags. Its 3pm, that was fast.

I sat on my study desk, checking all my social network for the last time- for the next 3 month- I opened Twitter, nothing new, so I signed out. I opened Instagram, uploaded my new pictures and liked some of my followers pic and after I logged out. I opened Snapchat, Kik did what I had to do and went off. I turned off my phone and iPad and tucked it in my study drawer, now I'm in my new reality. It's 5pm.

Grandma called from the living room "Tiffany lets go for a family night out before you leave for the airport".
O great, now they want to shove it in my face, very sad " Alright grandma, be there in a jif". I put on a hood and a flat shoe, rushed my hair back and left my room, locking the door behind.

In the living room, Dad, mom, grandma, Jeremy, Israel and Sonia were waiting for me, JUST ME!. I greeted everyone with a smile and told them I was set to go.
Mom asked "Are you done packing, honey? We wont be out for long" I gave a nod.
We all filed out and Dad locked the door. We would use mom's car because it's bigger and would contain the whole family.

Mom drove a little while and we were at arestaurant- McBouch- we all got down, there's only an hour and thirty minutes left for me to be at the airport and away from my lovely family.
The waiter came around and we all made our request,
I requested for a hamburger and a strawberry milkshake and the others made theirs too.
We laughed, cracked jokes, riddles and made fun on each other, Grandma being the top on the joke list.

Unfortunately, an hour had gone by and we made our way back home. Jeremy help put my boxes in dads trunk and gave me a long hug, before releasing me, we both took a long deep breath. I hugged Israel and Sonia and gave each of them a kiss goodbye. I hugged grandma too and told her to stay put.

Mum and Dad tried to stay strong, they had got into the car and Dad drove to the airport. After I checked in, about entering the departure part, mum pulled me in for a hug.
"I'll miss you Angel" mum said, tears almost falling from her eyes.
"I'll miss you too, mum" I said.

Dad also came for his hug and I'd say it lasted more than mum's. He left go of his grip on me, afterall.
I turned, my back against them and walked away, only to turn halfway to bid them a final goodbye- for the next three months.

And I whispered "I love you both".