Chapter 14

Library work.

As if staying back was not terrible enough, my friends made me see them off to the airport, I hugged them goodbye and I came back alone in the cab, couldn't have been more lonely. I climbed the stairs and went to my room, looked the door, closed the binds, turned off the light- made myself feel like I was at home- I laid on the bed, thinking of what I'll do through out my two weeks alone. Then I decided to do community service. 'Work at a Library'

I rested through out my first day on vacation and made plans on what I wanted to do.

.....

I packed my bag and left the dorm to go find out and check if the local library needs someone, on getting there, they didn't.

I walked into the library and to the desk.

"Good morning, I am here to see the person in charge here"

"Good morning. He's over there" she pointed to a small box that I guess was the office of the person in charge.

"Thank you" she smiled and I walked towards the box.

"Morning, Sir" he gestured for me to enter. I walked in and sat.

"Morning miss, what brings you here today?"

"I won't like to work in the library for two weeks"

"Two weeks? Why? We don't accept two weeks miss. The least is three months" he scoffed.

"But, I'm a student at the local school, I'm on holiday right now and free. Can't you make an exception?"

"No we can't, you can't start working and then after two weeks you're gone. It's too vague"

"If I decide to work three months would you fix a schedule to suit both school and library for me?"

"No problem miss, but your hardwork would determine that."

"What do I need to start?"

"Just a copy of your birth certificate" I brought it out and handed it to him. "You're really eager to work here" I smiled. He glanced through my cert, you're from Boston?"

"Yes, any problem?"

"Not at all."

"Can I start immediately?"

"Yeah, I'll show you around" he stood and I followed him. "Tracy, Simon, this is Tiffany and she would be working with us for the next three months. Help her with the help she needs. Thank you"

"Hi, Tiffany. I'm Simon"

"Hi, Simon, Hi Tracy"

"Hi Tiff" she replied with an attitude which I over looked.

"Welcome to the library" Simon said with hands wide opened. He walked away to resume his duty. I followed him hoping I could stack the newly bought books with him.

"How are books stacked?"

"In order of their types"

"Types such as their sizes or...?"

"No, Fiction and non-fiction"

"Oh, so I've to read the brief note of the novel before I can stack it?"

"Almost like that, but as time goes on you learn to judge by the name of the book or even it cover"

"Sounds interesting, can I work with you?"

"Sure" I dropped my bag making it lean on the side of a shelf and got to work with Simon.

''what brings you to work here?'' Simon asked

''my school is on holiday and all my friends left, so I'm basically left alone in this place, I'll be working for just three month but school would be back in session in about a week''

''good'' Simon taught me how to stack books and it looked pretty much easy.

We had a meeting at the close of the day and the manager reminded Tracy and Simon of the librarian corner that was starting the next day. So I asked what it was about.

'' it's a corner where you put the best book you've read each day, so that other people that borrow books can decide to read yours.'' Said the manager.

''it would be an adventure, can I be included?''

''yes you're one of us now'' We went back to our duties and rounded up for the day.

I left the library and headed to a restaurant to eat. Got back to the dorm and after a little while, Austin came to look for me, he said he wanted to talk. I begged him to let us see tomorrow morning as I was already tired. He agreed, I hugged him and went back, as I go to my bed i slept off. It was a hectic day for me.