Chapter 7

Back.

We got back to school in time for lunch.

He led me to the Cafeteria. I sat with Cassie and the girls. And Austin sat at the table in front of ours. Cassie whispered.

"Where did you go with him? And what did you do?" She raised her brow.

"We just went for a walk after French lesson, talked a little and walked back. That's all"

"If you say so Miss, what are you ordering for lunch?"

"Don't know, maybe an hamburger and an orange juice"

"Then you better get in line" I rose from the table and made my way to the long waiting queue. It got to my turn and the serviceman said.

"You must be the new girl" he smiled. I nod and made my order.

"One hamburger and a medium sized orange juice" he served me what I requested and I made my way back. Cassie remained me she wanted to introduce her other friends to me.

"Tiffany, this is Lucas, Naomi, Rachael, Stephen, Cole, Rebecca and Noel" she pointed at each of them. Lucas had really dark hair and brown eyes and I could tell he was tall, he's in sciences and uses glasses, thick ones... Naomi and Rachael are cheerleaders, dark hair, very slim and also tall. Stephen and Cole are twins, Stephen is an artist and Cole sings, they're both  beautiful. Rebecca is the fairest of all and she's pretty. Noel was short and had black hair. I waved at them.
"She's Tiffany" Cassie concluded.

"Nice to met you guys" they smiled, I felt comfortable in their midst.

I munched on my snack hurriedly, because the break was almost over. Then the bell rang and everyone left the cafeteria. We had one more class for the day and it was over. I waited outside the school for Cassie and the girls to meet up. We went on another outing this time to the beach, spent the rest of the day there. At six, we made out way back to the dorm, half way there Austin ran up to us.

"Wait up, Tiffany" when he got to where I was I could tell he was out of breathe and must have been running.

"Hey, Austin what's up? These are my friends, Cassie, Mary and Elizabeth. Girls, Austin" Cassie flipped her hair, smiled and waved. She's such a flirt.

"Hi girls" he smiled. "I just wanted to ask if you'd like to hang out by eight, tonight?" He gave a puppy face, I couldn't resist.

"OK, I'll meet you at the park at exactly  seven thirty"

"Great, bye" he ran off.

"What was that?" Cassie asked.

"What was what?" I asked sarcastically.

"He likes you, can't you see?"

"Err, no he doesn't, he's just trying to be a good friend, come on lets get to the dorm"

"Well, I like him, if you don't" Cassie said raising a brow.

"Good for you friend, come on now"

We signed in and separated at the hallway, waving see you later. I entered my room,  my dorm partner was around.

"Hey, Tiff, how was your first day"

"Not bad for a first day"

"That's a great start I guess"

"You can say so, pal"

"What you doing later?"

"Hanging out with a friend, later tonight"

"Sounds nice. I had a quarrel with Melissa, the girl that came over the other day, and now there's no one to hang out with"

"Don't you have friends in your grade? You should try making some, you know?"

"I'll, I'm just so used to Melissa, we've been friends since third grade, it's quite difficult and weird to be without her".

"It's never late to start something different. I recently started something new. You want to know what it is?"

"Would love to"

"I started making friends and it makes me feel a part of something. I feel like I can turn to someone at anytime. It's a really nice feeling. You should try it. Though it's quite difficult"

"I can give it a try, Thanks, Tiff" she gave me a hug and sighed.

"You're welcome, Annie, I've got to prep" she let go of me.

I changed to a short and sandal, walked out of the dorm and towards the park. Austin was early.

"Hey"

"Hi"

"I'm early"

"So am I " we laughed.

"Lets look for a comfortable chair" we walked to the other side of the park, going through the fountain getting water splashed on our bodies. I giggled.

"Where do you stay? In a dorm also?" I asked after we sat down.

"Yes, it's for boys only, Martin Luther house, is closer to the school, thirty minutes walk"

"You call that close? That ain't close to close" he laughed.

"I'm getting use to it, yours is about forty minutes right?.

"Yeah and I'm no where near to getting used to it".

"You would, with time".

"Until then. How are your new friends?"

"They're fine, really cool peeps".

"Cool".

"Would you like to tour this place with me someday?"

"Definitely, would really love to. Looking forward to that".

"Next Saturday then?"

"That's OK".

"So, we've a day".

"Yeah, more like it"

"It's nice knowing you, Tiffany".

"I'm glad I know you too"

"You're different from other girls". I blushed. "I'm serious about that".

"OK"

"Good friends, right?"

"Yeah". We strolled round the park, but the fun had to end. He walked me to the dorm and we hugged. "goodnight". I entered the dorm and made my way to my room, changed and tucked in. I couldn't stop reminiscing on the whole conversation.

I black out.