Chapter 15

Austin.

"Who's there??"

"Its Tiff" he opened his dorm door. He wasn't wearing a shirt just shorts. I salivated.

"Come in" I entered and sat on his bed.

"Nice room"

"Thanks"

"Austin I'm really sorry about the other day, I must have forgotten I had a date with you"

"Love, don't lie to me, you went on the date with Stephen, because you knew I wouldn't get angry since we're just friends and nothing more" he stared at me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry" I looked at my shoes.

"I not angry, I just don't believe you could have done that, it really hurt me but I'm over it now" he gave me a tight hug.

"I didn't know you didn't leave for the vacation until you showed up yesterday"

"My parents are out of town, dont wanna be alone. I also knew you were staying back, made me want to stay even more"

"That's cool, you the only one left in the dorm?"

"Yeah. You wanna go somewhere?"

"I'm supposed to be at the Library in the next hour"

"You working there?"

"Yeah, for the time being"

"Cool, can I come with you?"

"Yeah, but we still have an hour before it opens" I laid back on his bed and read the magazine.

"Tiff"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that *he took a deep breathe* we could be a thing? More than friends?"

"Hmmmm"

"I've like you since we first met, but you seemed focused on changing environment and making friends and being happy. Didn't want to ruin that." I blushed.

"Can you give me little time?"

"Yeah, sure" he bent over and kissed my forehead and smiled.

"What can we do for the next hour?"

"Talk?" Raises brow.

"So tell me about your family?"

"Family of 4, Dad, mum, myself and kid bro" he stood to pick a picture on his desk. "Here"

"Sweet, what's your brother's name?"

"Aaron" I just smiled.

"We're 6 in my family, Dad, mum, 2 girls and 2 boys"

" And you're 3rd?"

"No, second, a boy before me"

"Cool"

"Have you ever kissed a guy"? Austin asked as I froze because no, I've not. I shakes my head in return. "No"?

"Yeah"

"Why"?

"Lets say I've not found someone to be so free with" I smiled.

"That's weird for a teenager, anyway, if you were to do something aside making friends, what would that be?"

"I'll love to sing"

"So, your voice is unbelievable??"

"My parents tell me its sweet"

"Can you sing something?"

"I kinda have problems writing my own songs, you know? So I just sing someone's song".

"Okay, can I hear something?"

"Alright, don't laugh if I don't sound good, I'll sing Ne-Yo's So Sick" So I walked to his window and sat on the frame.

Gotta change my answering machine
Now that I'm alone
Cause right now it says that we
Can't come to the phone
And I know it makes no sense
Cause you walked out the door
But it's the only way I hear your voice anymore (he cuts in)
(it's ridiculous)
It's been months
And for some reason I just ( he cuts in again)
(can't get over us)
And I'm stronger than this (he cuts in)
(enough is enough)
No more walking round
With my head down
I'm so over being blue
Crying over you

We start to sing the chorus together.

And I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishing you were still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow
So why can't I turn off the radio?

"Oh, I'm almost late got to go, you still coming?"

"Tiff, your voice IS amazing, Woow, hold on I'm coming" he enters his bathroom to smell good.

"Thank you, I just sing in the bathroom."

"I'm ready" we walked out of his room and he shut and locked the door behind us.

"Why didn't you go for the vacation?"

"My dad says its too short, I should just stay back and he sent the ticket fee to me"

"That's a good reason tho"

"I guess so"

"Tiff, are you really going to think about we being more than a friend?"

"Austin, its a really sweet, period, but I won't want to jeopardize this friendship and bond we already have" just then we walked into the library. "Morning guys"

"Hey Tiff, how are you?"

"I'm good, Simon, this is Austin, a good friend. Austin, Simon, coworker". They shook hands. "What are you doing Simon?"

"Stacking the new donated books"

"Donated by?"

"Emm, the community"

"Okay, I'll be at the back if you need me, Austin come on" so I went to arrange the returned books with Austin and we kept chatting.