Chapter 12

Club.

"Tiff.. Tiff... Tiff. Open your damn door" I heard Cassie banging on my room door. I tucked out of bed to open it for her. She came in. "Look, there's an act at the local club this weekend and I've got to be there, I want you to come with me"

"Cassie, you know I'm underaged" she exclaimed like she had just remembered.

"Oh, that's true, but I can make you a fake idcard, I really need you to watch this act"

"Well, if you can get me a fake idcard and make me up like the person in it, then I'll go with you" she gave me a hug.

"We are going shopping for something really sexy, this afternoon. See you at 2" she ran out and closed the door. I sighed.

"Tiff, open up"

"Coming, Cassie. Almost through" I wore a camesole and a blue jeans with a converse. I opened the door for Cassie.

"I thought you wouldn't be ready, come in lets go" she dragged me behind her.

We walked to the bus station and had to wait for thirty minutes because we missed the bus.
"Cassie" she turned to me. "I've not spoken to you this week, because you've been directing time with this mystery guy, who's he?" She raised her brow.

"So you noticed?" Of course I do, you're my friend. "His name is Leon and I think I really like him. For reals this time"

"Are you serious? If you really like him and it's mutual, then go for it"

"I think it's mutual. But, he's in college"

"Aww, that makes it better, he's matured" the bus stopped and we entered.

"Maybe he's, but I've never been in a serious relationship, you know"

"We always start from somewhere, friend. Just give it a try, you never can tell"

"Thanks Tiff" she sighed. We were quite all through our journey in the bus. As we alighted, we saw a boutique that displayed something we were looking for.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Cassie asked.

"I sure am" we ran into the store. Luckily for us, it wasn't expensive, at least, wasn't unaffordable. We got a crop top and a leather mini skirt- only different colors.

"Did you make the fake idcard?

"Yes, I did" she handed it to me.

"I really do look like her"

"That's because she's you" we both laughed.
We got back on the bus and left for the dorm. At eight pm we left for the club.

When we got to the club , at the entrance, the guard checked our card and let us in- even me. When we entered it was already bubbling, I checked the DJ stand, the DJ was a she. I tapped Cassie.

"The DJ is a she" she smiled.

"You're really a novice" I frowned.

We entered the heart of the party and started dancing together, soon Cassie started looking around, I became worried and asked her.

"What's the matter?"

"I'm looking for Leon, he said he'd be coming" I began to wonder, if Leon is coming why did she force me to come then?

She left afterwards to look for Leon and she left me alone, I stood in the center of the dancehall not knowing if I should dance, go find a seat or even drink. Someone's hand grabbing my waist and brought me out of my thoughts, I used all my strength to turn around, I didn't know who he was. I removed his hands from my waist and walked to the bar. I was pissed. Why did she let me come if she'd ditch me for a guy?

I ordered for a glass of raw vodka and poured it down my throat, I sat at the bar feeling alone and wishing I stayed at home. The act she told be would be performing was canceled after I agreed to come with her and still abandoned me in a place I'm coming to for the first time.

"Hey" I heard a familiar voice behind me, I turned and it was Steph. Great.

"Hi, Steph"

"I thought you were underage for a club?"

"Cassie worked something out, but she ditched me earlier to look for a boy" I lamented.

"I'm here, if you need company"

"Thanks"

"Would you like to go on a date with me sometimes?" Did he just ask me that? Does he like me? How us that even possible? What's there to like?

"OK, probably after exams"

"Great" he peeked me on the cheek. "Wanna go for a walk before I walk you to the dorm?"

"That's a nice idea" I jumped up from the stool, carried my order and followed. We walked for about and hour and then he walked me to the dorm. "Thanks for saving my day... Again" I leaned over and hugged him. "Goodnight Steph"

"Goodnight Tiff".

I signed in, went up to my room, changed and fell on the bed. I slept off.

...............

"Cassie, I'm pissed at you"

"Why?"

"Are you seriously asking why?"

"I've no idea what I've done, we went out together on Friday"

"You left me stranded at the club, to go look for Leon, that's so not acceptable"

"I just wanted you to have fun alone"

"We went together, to have fun together, but you bailed. That is not fair. I had no idea what I was going to do"

"You advised me to give my relationship with Leon a try and now you're complaining I bailed on you? That's sick"

"I'm not complaining, moreover you didn't inform me he was going to be there" it was starting to become a quarrel and I was not liking it. I had to intervene. "Anyways, it's over now, a guy doesn't have to come between us, right?"

"Well, my guy can come between us. Don't talk about Leon in an inferior manner"

"Cassie, don't make this what it isn't. I'm not asking for a quarrel, I just needed to tell you I felt left out".

"Then maybe you should get laid" why is she taking this little issue overboard? She's looking for a fight but I'm not giving it to her. I pulled her in for a hug and entered my room.