Chapter 4

New Place.

"Hi" I opened one eye to see a tall black - haired girl standing over me.
"Hi, morning" I felt like a nail was driven from my tummy to the bed and was too tired to wake up.
"Heard you're the new girl in the dorm, I'm Cassandra" She offers me a handshake, which i accepted with a smile. "I'm Tiffany".
"I occupy two rooms from yours" I tried to smile "that's good"...
She walked away as I summoned the courage to stand.

My dorm partner had left the room already. I had my bath and got dressed- ready to explore my new place. I signed out of the dorm at the reception and walked into the street. I walked around for a while, looking at the cloth shops and some restaurant. I settled down at one of them to have breakfast- Spaghetti with meatballs, it was mouth watering. I payed for my meal and walked out to look for a payphone to call my parents. Mum picked almost immediately.

"Hello Mum, its Tiffany"

"Honey, how are you? How are you coping? Do you like the dorm? Have you made friends already? We miss you baby" All in two seconds, how do i reply?

"Mum I'm fine and I'm just settling in, no friends yet and I miss everyone sooooo much" I almost wanted to cry, but I held it back.

"How's everyone??"

"We're all fine, if you need anything just let us know, okay?"

"Yes Mum, I'll."

"Miss you honey"

"I know mum, dont make me cry alright?" I mumbled "Thank you for everything, I promise I'd get better and make you happy"

" I believe you can, sweetheart, be a good mommy's girl. Love you"

"Love you too, bye". I dropped the receiver.

I walked to the garden,  five streets away from the dorm, and sat on one of the benches, brought out my novel and continued reading. Soon, I felt someone pat me and turned around- it was Cassandra.

"Hi Tiff" She already shortened my name, so fast

" Hi Cassandra, can i call you Cassie?"

"I prefer that, what are you doing in the garden all by yourself?"

"I just strolled around and decided to rest here" She looked at me amazed "what? Cant I stroll around?"

"No you can't, it's too big to stroll around, come on let's go" she gestured her head to a direction, I packed my bag and followed.
We had only walked half way the garden when are other friends met us.

"Hey guys, this is Tiffany, Tiffany these are my friends- Selena, Mary and Elizabeth" They all came in for a hug around me, I felt good with them.

"Nice to meet you, Tiffany" they said at the same time. "My pleasure".

"I'm taking her for a view around the city are you guys in? She really needs our help settling in and getting comfortable you know?"

Elizabeth and Mary agreed but Selena said she has to meet her boyfriend and left immediately.

We made our way to the bus station, got into the bus going far into the city. After fifteen minutes we alighted.

"Welcome to Colorado, Tiff, we'd make sure you've all the fun you need in five hours, read my lips five hours" I scoffed at her attitude, she looked gorgeous in them.

"I'll try to enjoy all the fun you've for me" she smiled at me.

"Come on then, lets explore the city" she dragged me behind her and Mary and Elizabeth followed with a giggle.

We entered a street that looked like a market, we bought a lot of stuffs- sunglasses, scarves, candies and even a small camera. We took milkshakes at a coffee shop near the street. We entered a spa shop, did our manicure and pedicure, also washed and dried our hairs. We had just spent three hours; we've two left. We entered a cinema and watched Annie- a musical movie. We left the cinema at 6pm, entered a snack shop and eat. While eating we started a discussion.

"Tiff, tell us about you" Mary cried out.

"Okay, I'm Tiffany Louis, I'm 16, from Boston, family of six. My parents sent me here because I don't socialize" Mary spat her soda.

"You don't what? You mean you don't have any friend? I wonder what I'd do if I had nobody to hang out with" I smiled at her and continued.

"That's ask about me" Cassie spoke immediately " You sure are a boring person, what do you do for fun then?" She bites her burger.

" I watch tv, read novels, play with my family and your on my own" Cassie grinned

"Lets get back to the dorm" we paid for our meals and left.  Walked to the bus station and took a bus back to the street leading to the dorm. We entered the house, signed in and made it way to our rooms and said good night in chorus.