Chapter 16: Long Live

A/N: Sorry I couldn't publish last night, it's Christmas and I was so busy hehe Merry Christmas everyone!

He met his tearful eyes, he was horrified by his gaze. It wasn't a simple problem to see a great man, full of pride, to see him crying, tell him that he is telling the truth..

A devastating news accompanied by his tears, the time he feared and scared to take responsibility.

"The people needs you.."

"Your Majesty, The King,"

Jungkook remained stilled as the title thrown in his head, his heart pounded by the news, echoing like a torturing noise of a speaker sound. His dream came like a landslide in his mind, flashing every words that he remembers.

And as if he found his tears funny, he chuckled sarcastically to himself with his voice sounded confused.

"Stop it, Namjoon hyung," He scoffed.

"We cannot use that as a joke," He refuse to believe such unprecedented news after his vacation.

How can such an honorable man be replaced by him in a matter of seven days? His brother is stronger than an elephant in the wild. He cannot be defeated by anything!

"I am not.. Your Majesty, how can I be joking of your title," Namjoon wiped his eyes as he seriously lower his head.

"I SAID STOP!" Jungkook shouted.

Lisa trembled into the side, subconsciously removing her hands on Jungkook arm. All the dreams that they visualize shattered right before her eyes.

"Who am I to speak ill of your title, Your Majesty?! I am merely your servant!" Namjoon questioned him.

"How dare you say that my brother is dead?!" Jungkook shouted so loud, denying the news.

"He is not dead! He is waiting for me so we can remove our title! He allowed to live free!" Jungkook paused as the tears ran on his face.

"He.. He cannot be dead, he is a magnificent King, he cannot..."

Namjoon and Jisoo trembles as his voice broke, they saw his tears running down as well as the Queen still speechless from the turn of events.

They both knelt like a devotee, bent over their heads as they faces the ground. Namjoon brought out a box of emerald that he took from the Palace and showed it carefully for Jungkook to see.

And when he opened the box, Jungkook so the insignia of the King. That can only be worn off or be seen, if the King died and gives it to the new King.

"I cannot lie to you, Your Majesty,"

Jungkook's world crashed before him as his fist tightened. He wanted to be positive but Namjoon isn't the type to greet him like he is the King.

"How can.." "How can I.. be.. King?" Jungkook still refuse to believe.

Lisa felt like throwing up after everything happened so fast, they were just having a great thought of living the life they wanted but all this time..

Jungkook ran his fingers on his hair, frustration and grief combined. He watch the shakened namjoon moved closer as he bring over the ring for him to wear.

The sign that he accepts his new title as the highest man on the Kingdom of Korea.

He wasn't born and trained to be the crown prince, nor ever wanted the throne in the first place. He wanted nothing but freedom from faction, noblety, and sickening hierarchy. He wanted nothing but happiness with Lisa and that's all.