Chapter 41: Treason

"His Majesty, The King has arrived!"

"Salute to the Commander In Chief!"

Jungkook arrived in Busan by land early on the morning, it's been awhile since he came back to Busan after he became King, he usually fly on his own airplane going to the Grand Palace but after the notice of the sea breached, Lisa insisted him that it is safer to travel by land than an airplane in the brewing war.

Although he made her understand that it would be better to come early, her stubbornness ended up him traveling a 5 hours drive to Headong.

"Greetings, Your Majesty," Namjoon bow like every soldier.

"How's the situation, Advisor Kim?" Jungkook asked Namjoon— who went earlier than him by air. He wanted to know the exact location and things to report, so when Jungkook arrives he can update him.

"Since the intel yesterday there hasn't been a move from the naivessel, the coast guard keep them on track minute by minute but their lane still the same since," "If your instinct is correct, Your Majesty, they are waiting for you," Namjoon said while they walk towards the main office of the Naval Troupes where Fleet Admiral Min Yoongi is at the moment.

"Hmm.. intriguing," Jungkook nodded having a glimpse of the sea not from afar, "Then it means they really want to talk for waiting for me to arrive,"

"Let them wait," Jungkook paused, "I want to meet Admiral Min,"

"This way, Your Majesty," Namjoon gestured him to go a direction he's guiding.

As soon as they arrived at the main office in Headong, Namjoon held the knob and open the door for him. Jungkook entered first going straight to where Yoongi who's been talking to the report from the coast guard, while people stood up as soon as they saw him.

"Your Majesty," Everyone in the office bow their heads before saluting as a Commander in Chief, while he was walking towards Yoongi who's very concentrated.

"Fleet Admiral Min,"

Yoongi was aloft in his own thoughts when Jungkook arrived, but was cut off when Jungkook caught his attention and he immediately turn around to greet the highest man.

"Your Majesty," Yoongi lower his head before saluting, "I didn't know you've already arrived, we are sorry we aren't in the gate to see your arrival,"

"It doesn't matter, I didn't gave any signal that I'll be arriving anyway," Jungkook said while Yoongi asked him to take a seat.

"Did you find anything?" Jungkook asked him.

"Well.." Yoongi paused. "I have good news and bad news for you, Your Majesty," Yoongi said after reading the reports.

Jungkook composed himself by sitting straight on his chair, reminding himself to cool down because Lisa said so, "What is it?"

"Which one do you want to hear first?" Yoongi asked him.

"Bad news first," Jungkook answered.

"Alright," Yoongi faked a cough, "We've received that the Prime Minister of Japan has sent you another message, asking if they can enter the sea borders and meet you personally," Yoongi answered.

"They were asking if they can enter my Kingdom?" Jungkook scoffed, "Isn't that what they wanted ever since? then what's the good news?"

"We've seen a white flag of defeat 20 minutes earlier before you arrived, as if they're telling us they've come in peace and nothing more," Yoongi said.

"Don't you think it's suspicious? Why would they suddenly surrender after hundreds years of war," Namjoon speculated.

"It's very suspicious," Hoseok who also just came in, nodded in agreement, "but if we are to ignore this, don't you think this will only put the country into a huge risk?"