Chapter 18: How To Be Like You

Jungkook and Lisa arrived on their Palace, the Main Palace of Gyeongbokgung. Now that he is the Sovereign, they have to move out of Taejonggung and live into their rightful Palace.

There beholds them an aisle of people kneeling as if they're gods, their heads glued to the ground. Every staff of Gyeongbokgung are there to glorify the new King as he comes back to his rightful place. And as Jungkook, the head of the state, was the first one to go out of the car followed by Lisa behind him, she was nerve-wracked to arrive at the sea of people waiting for them to walk past the massive aisle, the first time she have seen each and every staff of Gyeongbokgung.

Jungkook started walking forwards, she wanted to hold his arm to walk with him but she was held by Jisoo before she could step forward beside him. She turn to Jungkook and shook her head, gesturing her to go after three steps backward from The King.

And when she has the signal from both Namjoon and Jisoo, Lisa started walking behind him soon he came forward the Palace.

"Welcome back, Your Majesty, The King,"

"Welcome back, Your Majesty, The Queen,"

Lisa couldn't do anything but to stare at him from behind, his strong built and his wide shoulder, his height that felt like a tall building that towers her. He looks nothing like him anymore. He looks too high, that she doesn't know if she can touch him anymore, that somehow their few steps felt like he's meters away. He looks untouchable.

However, what's infront of her doesn't seem like a living person walking, every steps that he takes towards the stairs is a minute minus to his life. The more walks to the Palace, the more he is trapping himself to the throne that he despises all his life. He isn't prepared for the responsibility that follows to his title, he isn't prepared to see his lifeless brother that he knew, was still laying on the death bed for every former Kings.

He doesn't know what to do after being forsaken to the freedom that he wanted, he already dreamt of being free from everything. He thought coming back to the Palace, he would see his brother welcoming him back. To see his brother smiling at him, talking about his grant to remove his title.

No to be a King, and be the only direct descendant of the House of Lee.

"Welcome back home, Your Majesty,"

A very familiar voice of a woman came into his view, wearing her traditional mourning clothes. He stopped from his track as he look at her, slowly kneeling on the ground, her head touches the back of her hand so gracefully and respectful.

She looks fine like usual, he said to himself, her eyes doesn't look like sympathetic. But even if she's dressed for mourning, she looks refreshed. And it disgust him seeing her finger holding no ring anymore. She's telling him she's free, from the burden of the throne that caged her with.

And in return of it was him and his wife...

He started walking upstairs and ignored her, he went right through the hallway of the Palace going to the King's death bed. He stopped right in front of the two way door, the same door he remembered the last time he sees this two way door, his brother is standing in front of him. He looks magnificent as the Crown Prince and Regent when their father grows ill every single day.

He never thought one day, he would be here standing as a King, and he will be the one to free his spirit as he goes back to the paradise of heaven.

It hurts him so much, but he has to.

He took a deep breath and look back to see Lisa standing behind him, her sympathetic smile gave him a little comfort to check the truth of their reality. And when he got a little hope that his wife is behind him, he spoke...