Chapter 5: Are You Ready?

"Good day, Lady Kim Jisoo, we will be assisting you to Her Ladyship,"

Jisoo arrived in Taejonggung after being summoned to Gyeongbokgung. She doesn't know if it was because of her rude attitude or something deeper than that.

She grew worried for herself that she might have said something awful to Her Ladyship but she couldn't remember anything other than talking back to those uneducated shit, but after her whole family knew about the sudden audience to Taejonggung, they made her fly as quickly as possible.

It's not like she hates it anyway, she's dreamt of working in the most historical place of the nation, Gyeongbokgung, she dreamt once to be the royal advisor, but her fate as one wasn't achieved because of a single man blocking it from fulfilling. She wasn't in the favor of aristocrats in the capital because of the recent naval war, so it's not surprising.

Her eyes are smiling, staring at the picturesque architecture, it's like a dream come true to enter the Palace.

"Kim Jisoo?"

Until she heard an awfully familiar voice of a man, that pounded heart. She turned to the voice and saw the man that should remain unnamed better yet bury his name into the ground.

"Oh it's you.." She looks disappointed.

Namjoon composed himself as he fixed his rounded eyeglasses and slightly bowed his head to her, "What are you doing here, Milady? Busan is far from here,"

Jisoo scoffed, feeling rudely misunderstood, "Am I not welcome to visit the Palace, My Lord?"

Namjoon sighed, clearly misunderstood, "I didn't say that, I'm just curious,"

"Curious? You? Curious about me?" Jisoo raise a brow, "I didn't know the Great Lord Namjoon would be curious for a second great,"

Namjoon sighed again before looking back where he came from, "If you're going this way, then.. I guess we'll see each other often, I just really hope we don't cross each other's path... again,"

Namjoon fixes his glasses and returns his eyes back to the hallway without saying goodbye. But she continues to stare at him leaving Taejonggung with curiosity running in her mind.

"See often?" Jisoo tilted her head, "What does he mean by that?"

"Miss?" The staff caught her attention and turned around. "My mistress is waiting for you,"

"Ahh.." "Yes," Jisoo scratched the back of her ears and continued to walk towards Lisa's study room.

As soon as she arrived at the two way door on the far end near the manmade lake, she was in awe of how different the Taejonggung looks than the main, a surreal piece of modern section inside a historical Place. But as the staff knocked on Lisa's door, her heart beat rapidly again. Remembering she was clueless of the sudden audience.

"Milady.. Lady Kim Jisoo of KJK Corporation is here," The staff said after knocking the door of Lisa's study room.

"Let her come in," Lisa said calmly as the door opened for Jisoo.

She saw the famous doctor who captured the Grand Prince's heart writing something very seriously on her desk with a mini x-ray scanner beside her, while her table was filled with accounting reports from the southern province.

It looks like she's been working very hard left and right, being a Princess and a doctor at the same time is a tough job, nevertheless, she needed to discontinue her full time job as a doctor once she marries the Grand Prince.

Because the Korean law states that all members of the royal family can only work, if 40% of the income is for the people. She can either work as a public doctor and or for charity, or specially retire at an early age.