The Things I Heard

It took me all morning to unpack everything. All my books, movies, cds, clothes, everything. It was all unpacked and now it looked like an actual room.

"Cassie!" Dustin called.

"Yes?" I asked. Dustin walked into my room.

"Katelyn will be here soon." he said.

"Okay, I'm just gonna shower." I said. He nodded and left the room. I grabbed some clothes, a towel, and my toiletries and left for the bathroom down the hall. I got in and locked the door before turning to the shower and turning it on, letting the water warm up. I set my stuff down and opened up my toiletries bag. I pulled out my toothbrush and tooth paste along with all my shower stuff. I got undressed and stepped into the shower, letting the water hit my muscles as I washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner. I washed my body with the scented body wash I love. I finished off my shower by shaving and then stepped out. I turned the shower off and stepped out, grabbing my towel. I heard giggling on the other side of the door.

"I would introduce you to my sister, but it looks like she is still in the shower." I heard Dustin say. I got dressed as I listened.

"That's okay." I heard a girl ask. Must be Katelyn. "How come you didn't tell me about her until this morning?"

"What?" Dustin asked.

"You never told me this whole time I knew you, this whole time we have been together.. you never told me you had a sister." Katelyn said.

"Well, before I moved here to LA we had a big falling out and when I left we were on bad terms and we didn't speak at all until our mom died a month ago." Dustin said.

"I am still so sorry about that." Katelyn said.

"It's okay, really. She was sick for a long time." Dustin said. I swung open the bathroom door, making both of them jump.

"How would you know?!" I asked.

"Cassie.." Dustin started to say.

"How would you know?" I said as tears started to fall down my cheeks. " You left and never came back. I was there the whole time. I went to every appointment. I was there through every treatment. I was there through all the pain. I was there when it got so bad that they had to put her on a machine. I was there with every nurse that came in and out of the place I called home to take care of her while I was in school because she didn't want me to quit to take care of her. Because she wanted to keep my education going so I could go to college and make something of myself."

"Cassie I didn't mean to make you upset." Dustin said.

"You you were never there. You don't know what it was like." I said. I ran to my room and grabbed my shoes. I walked past Dustin and Katelyn without looking at them.

"CASSANDRA RAYNE BELT!" Dustin screamed. That was the last thing I heard as I ran from Dustin's home.