4.5~ Cooking With Link pt. 2

The next morning came fast. Red was ready to compete with Link. Link, however, had no idea what was going on.

"Link!" Red yelled at the hylian.

Link had just finished taking a shower and was casually walking out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Red, why are you just standing outside of the bathroom?" Link asked. This did look very suspicious, as if Red had been waiting for him.

"You think you're all that because you are one of the most famous smashers, but that doesn't mean you get to treat people who are trying to be friendly like crap!"

Link was very confused. "What?"

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about! You used me and wasted my time last night. You shouldn't have asked anyone for help if you didn't need it. Now you're taking all the credit for making the food, even though I was there too, admit that you treated me wrong!"

"I'm sorry, what? I took all the credit because I was the one who made it. Yes, you were there, but I didn't need your help. I'm sorry that I didn't let you help me out, but just because I left you out doesn't mean that you can take credit for something I did! Now is there any way I can make it up to you?"

Red glared. "No need, I have... other ideas." He then walked away, leaving Link confused, annoyed, and a bit frustrated.

He sat there, trying to figure out what that was all about. Until he felt the towel start to slide down a bit and realized that he was still dripping wet, basically naked. To which he took off, running back to his room.

"Hey Link, are you making breakfast this morning?" Asked Samus as Link ran by.

"Eh, yeah, j-just give me a second!"

===============================

After changing his clothes, Link made his way downstairs to get started on breakfast. However, halfway down the stairs, he could smell something cooking.

"Maybe someone ordered breakfast for themselves." Link thought.

Link just shrugged it off and continued his way down the stairs. He noticed the smell getting stronger and stronger, and almost smelled burnt.

When he got to the bottom of the stairs, he was greeted by none other than Red.

"Oh hey Link, would you like one of my tasty omelets?" Red asked. The omelet was almost black.

"Eh, I'll pass for now..." Link then walked over to the couch and sat down next to Samus and Wolf. Samus had one of Red's burnt omelets on a plate next to her. It looked like she took only one bite out of it.

"Link, I thought you were making breakfast." Samus stated, a bit disappointed.

"I wanted to, but as I came downstairs, Red had already made it. He beat me to it." Link sighed, as Samus nodded.

Link was too tired to express it, but he was not happy. He wanted to be the main chef around the mansion. Yes, the previous night was the first time he cooked for the smashers, but he did so much cooking during his adventures and really enjoyed it.

Red then walked over to Link. "What's up guys, are you enjoying your breakfast?"

"Look kid, your omelets suck." Wolf stated, looking Red right in the eyes. Harsh. Even Link thought he'd gone too far.

Red looked back in shock. Yes, it was Wolf, who isn't the nicest person, but it still hurt him. But Red being a kid, he knows a bit of mischief.

"I wasn't the one who made it. Link did!" Red exclaimed. Everyone in the living room, kitchen, and dining room heard it. Red hoped he convinced everyone it was Link. He fooled some, but not all. He then left with no shame.