5~ Snowy Battle Tactics

Robin sighed, "How do I figure this out?" He lowered his forehead into his hand.

He had been sitting at the same table in the library since about 7am. It was now 11am and he had not made much progress. Especially now that many others had woken up. Lucina sat on his right. She had joined him in his studies about an hour earlier.

"I think you should take a break," Lucina assured the tactician, "I mean, you've been at this for-"

"Nearly four hours. Yes, I should take a break, but I need to figure this out! I'm a tactician, I should know how to set up a basic battle formation!" Robin exclaimed in frustration.

Lucina looked over at the tactician as he stressfully gripped at his hair. His brown eyes were glued to the book in front of him. Lucina took a quick glance down at the book before turning her attention back to Robin. She sighed.

"I think you're being too hard on yourself, Robin. A break could do you well," Robin turned to her, raising an eyebrow. "Come on, let's just get up and clear your mind for a bit. Who knows, maybe you'll find something that could help you figure this out."

Robin gave the swordswoman a small smile. "I appreciate your concern, Lucina, but I'll be fine."

"Nope, you're taking a break. Come with me," Lucina got up from her chair, walking a few feet away. However, when she didn't hear Robin behind her, she realized that she'd have to take matters into her own hands.

Lucina turned back around and made her way back to Robin. She took her pencil out from behind her ear, placed it in the crack of the book, and then slammed the book shut.

"Lucina-"

"You are taking a break! Now get up and follow me before I drag you!"

Robin sighed, slowly backing his chair away in surrender. "This better be useful..." Robin muttered as Lucina gave a sly smile.

***

Donkey Kong looked at markings he made in the snow. In front of him was a large square with 4 smaller squares within it. "Perfectly even... I hope."

"Hey DK!" The ape heard a voice behind him. He turned around to see a muscular man in a white hoodie and red gloves.

"Ah Ryu! I could use your help!" Donkey Kong exclaimed.

The fighter glanced at the ape with a confused expression. "Uh, okay. What do you need?"

"Okay, ya see this little court I made right here in front of ya?" Donkey Kong asked, pointing in front of him.

"Yeah."

"Well, I'm trying to set up a game. A snowball fight with a twist," The ape explained as Ryu nodded, "There will be four teams, but there's one problem."

"And that is..?"

"There's nobody here to play!" Donkey Kong expressed, "So, could you help me recruit some players? You could be the captain of one of the teams."

Ryu shrugged, "Sure, why not!"

The two of them then went to find people to play their game.

The first people they stumbled upon were Falco and Little Mac. The bird and boxer had been sitting on a bench, taking a break from scraping the driveway. Donkey Kong promised them captain roles, which they agreed to.

Now with 4 captains, they had started looking for people both in and outside the mansion to recruit. Donkey Kong kept count, hoping to recruit 20 smashers so that each team would have 5 players (6 including the captains).

Two smashers in particular caught the ape's attention as they made their way through the snow, a blue-haired swordswoman and a tactician with hair as white as the snow beneath their feet. "Hey!"