2020 ECAC Hockey Championship: Clarkson Golden Knights

After a spectacular win yesterday, the Colgate Raiders return to Lake Placid to play their third consecutive ECAC championship against the Clarkson Golden Knights and head coach Don Vaughan. With 15:01 left in the first period, Michael Underwood scored to make it 1-0 Clarkson. With 13:02 left in the first period, Kyle Baun scored on the power play to tie the game 1-1. Charlie Finn and Frank Marotte matched zeros for the remainder of the period so, 1-1 remains our score heading to period number two. With 12:17 left in the second period, Tylor Spink scored on the power play to make it 2-1 Colgate. With 7:10 left in the second period, Jack Jacome scored to tie the game 2-2. Finn an Marotte matched zeros for the remainder of the period so, 2-2 remains our score heading to a crucial third period. With 14:07 left in the third period, Adam Tisdale scored to make it 3-2 Clarkson. With 8:17 left in the third period, Mike Borkowski scored to tie the game 3-3. With 3:18 left in the third period, Zach Tsekos scored to make it 4-3 Golden Knights. With 13 seconds left in the third period, John Lidgett scored to tie the game 4-4. Finn and Marrotte matched zeros for the remainder of regulation so, 4-4 we stand and we'll play extra postseason hockey because of a 4-4 tie between Colgate and Clarkson. With 1:10 left in overtime, Robbie Bourdon scored to win the game and the Whitelaw Cup for the Raiders 5-4! Colgate has won the Whitelaw Cup for the third consecutive season!