Vol 6: Distance

You all had gone back to your normal lives. The fact Blake, your childhood friend didn't wanna be around you because you were a Grimm broke your heart. Her and Pyrrha constantly tried to reassure you they loved you and out of desparation you kept using your Detector ability.

LD: False. False. False. False.

You: I-I'm gonna go study in the library.

You rushed out leaving both of them worried.

---

In reality that was just an excuse to get away from them. You had gone with Neo to an isolated spot in the park.

You: What am I suppose to do Neo? Their love is faked. I can sense it. I feel like they're desperately trying to hold onto me for some reason or the other but I don't know what for...

Neo: Babe, even if their love for you is staged, mine isn't.

Out of the light of recent events you used your detector ability.

LD: ...Truth

You looked up with hope in your eyes at Neo.

You: S-say that again?

Neo: I love you

LD: Truth

You almost instantaneously tackle her into a kiss. You break it laughing.

Neo: What changed your mood all of a sudden?

You: Your true love for me.

Neo seemed confused for a moment before realizing what you meant. She layed her head on you shoulder as the two of you watched the sun set together.

---

You decided it was best if you broke off from Blake and Pyrrha. Neo's love was genuine. That's all you needed.

You arrived at team RWBY's dorm and took a deep breath. You noticed the door had a slight crack in it and gently pushed it open. You immediately knew your choice was right when you saw Yang making out with Blake.

You: Glad to know I made the right choice Blake. We're done.

You closed the door as you heard slight panic from behind the door.

Pyrrha: Ash?

You: Good, just the other girl I needed to see. Sorry but we should break up. I've had my detector ability on around you and Blake since I revealed myself and everything you've said to reassure me has been nothing but lies. I'll be going away tonight.

Pyrrha: Going? Break up? Ohoho no little one~. Your staying here.

You immediately activated your powers of endurance and began full sprint. You saw Neo at the end of the hallway signing the word hurry. Behind you was the sound of maniacal laughter and metal scraping. You didn't dare look back you simply reached for Neo's outstretched hand and yelled-

You: SHATTER!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Neo successfully warped the two of you to the Emerald Forest. You were on the run now, and there was no turning back.

--- Major Timeskip ---

You occasionally left notes for Glynda to tell her that you were okay. You and Neo lived on an uncharted locale in relative peace. The two of you had been able to expand your kit with more deadly Grimm traits: Needles, Sharp Teeth, Toxin Resistance etc. One ability was that to read minds, allowing you to finally keep a normalilzed conversation with Neo.

You: Hey Neo, how's the garden looking?

Neo: Great~!

You: Good. Hopefully this harvest will give us some good Lien to get you something nice.

Neo: Ash you're too sweet but really, I don't need anything besides seeing you happy.

You: After all you've done? Of course I'm happy. I just wanna give you something to reciprocate that feeling.

Neo walked over to you and gave you a gentle kiss on the forehead smiling at you.

Neo: Thank you honey. I'm gonna go get some things for tonight. I have a special surprise for you this evening.

You: Alright love, see you later.

As Neo left you looked outside to see Grimm snooping around the place.

You: Dust! How did she find this spot? It's so out of the way!

You went to your emergency hiding spot in the event they found you. You had quickly squeezed under the house and rolled a bit in the dirt below it to throw off any scent. Before long you heard a bang as you heard several Grimm storm inside searching for you.

Beowulf 1: I swear I smelt her in here!

Beowulf 2: Well she's not here! And we busted down a door for no reason!

Beowulf 3: *sigh* Let's just go...

You wait until no sound can be heard before getting back above the floor. Quickly thinking you grab some wood glue and apply it to the door before attempting to reseal the house.

You: It'll have to do for now. *sigh* Guess most of my Lien isn't going to be for Neo after all...

Just then Neo walked back in. When she turned around she gave you a mischievous smirk.

You: What are you up to?

She said nothing, just slyly sauntered up to you before pressing you against the wall. As she placed her knee between your legs you instantly knew what she wanted, causing you to turn bright red.

You: N-now?!

Neo nodded.