Full Moon

Pairings: None
Warnings: None
AU: Ashleen is alive and living in the Franken House

"Ahjussi!"
M-21 could feel Tao and Takeo snigger in front of him but did nothing but roll his eyes as he turned to see the red-head come their way.

"What?" M-21 did dislike being called that way no matter how long it has been since the kids started calling him that. And Ashleen, being centuries older than him calling him that just didn't make things better.
"It's a full moon tonight," she said in a lowered tone once she reached them.
"And?"
Ashleen remained silent for a moment, her baffled look disappearing as instantly as it appeared.
"You're almost as werewolf as I am," she said, wondering if it rang any bells in his head.
"And?" M-21 repeated, looking as disinterested as ever.
The frustration built up at the casual tone, but Ashleen kept her calm. She knew the other wouldn't have know...
... but did he have to be so casual about it?

Ashleen sighed.
"We're prone to transform during the full moon nights," she silently explained as they continued to walk towards the school.
The flash of panic on M21's face gave away that he hadn't known nor theorised about it, not that Ashleen blamed him.
"But you can learn to control that overflowing power over time. And it's not as bad as the werewolf myths the humans made," she quickly added.
It wasn't hard to notice the distress M-21 was radiating.
"Just..." Ashleen lowered her voice as she spotted the kids waiting outside the school campus. "Return home before sunset, no worries then."
M-21 gave her a nod as Tao waved at the kids, who began to beam at them as if they had reunited after years.

The sun was already setting, nearly having disappeared between the horizon. M-21 pushed through the the crowds of the city as he pushed past dozens of people. The kids had asked him to join them at the PC Cafe, and he couldn't get himself to refuse. He could feel the kids trailing him closely. Chattering, laughing, it was all too loud. Not only could he hear the kids voice clearly among the buzzing of the other voices of the strangers around.

"M," Tao appeared beside him. The concern on the hacker's face evident. "Takeo and I'll take the kids home, you head back."
M-21 nodded, quickly pushing away from the crowd, escaping from the bustling city centre.
He just had to cross two blocks and the house would be right there, he thought as he tried to tune out the sounds of the few people walking down the street a few meters in front him.
He kept his head down, minding his own business... until the group began to scream.

M-21's mind began to buzz as he felt good finger nails elongated into claws and fur began to appear from his skin.
"Hey!"
Fingers gripped around his elbow, the grip strong.
"It's safe," he heard, feeling his mind clear again.

Ashleen let go of her hold once she saw his claws retract.
M-21's gaze wandered over to the group who were cheering (by screaming, surely an odd way to express happiness) probably over one of their friend's feats.

"You know exactly what to do in such a situation," M-21 joked once they began walking home.
"Of course I'd know," she chuckled. "I lived among humans for a while, dad explained it all to me just recently."
Right... of course she would've know.

Bonus~
"So," Tao smiled as he slid across the sofa and towards M-21 the next morning. "Which term do you prefer?"
M-21 glanced his way, not missing the look which clearly warned him about Tao's mischievous mood.
"Family or pack?"
It was safe to say Tao would have been punched had Frankenstein not entered the room.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

This oneshot was written as per NCWinters18's suggestion!
The other day, I had gone to a shop to grab some things after sunset and there was this bunch of friends who, all of a sudden, began to cheer and it scared me (especially since the street is usually silent after sunset)😅

Honestly speaking, I've been having thoughts about ending this oneshots collection, but at the same time I just can't bring myself to do so. Maybe I'm just loosing motivation.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※