To be a Good Friend for DUMMIES(my ver.)

I don't know about you but I had my way of having friends.

For me, being in a friendship is the same importance with having a romantic relationship. It's big of a deal.

It means special connection and freedom but also a voluntary commitment.

Of course, that will start by matching personalities with someone.

But I also believe in 'magnet theory' where the opposites attract.

It is true~

That's how I met my friends now.

Back in elementary school, I was that hyper kid who wants to befriend anyone I could see. I would often approach them first especially if they look friendly (plus points if they smile at me).

I had friends in my class, I had friends in lower years than me and I also had friends that are older than me especially the Ate and Kuya that actually don't belittle people that are younger than them.

They are the best confidence booster!

Okay- now I will recall every rule I set (the younger me perspective) on how to treat my friends right or to be a good friend.

Rule 1: Always be there when they need you, especially if you are able to.

Story time~

So one day when my friend needed to pee but the other bathroom was far, I made a plan to accompany her at the very back of the playground where everything is covered.

She agreed since she was thinking about it too. It was a mutual understanding.

When we arrived she was hesitant.
Of course she kinda felt shy so I also acted like I peed with her.

For me, that is how I acquired my friendship points- jk

What I meant was; It was the only way I could make someone feel that I am there for them.

Rule 2: If they have no snacks, share with them(even if you only have a little). If you can't share, then suffer with then

Well... Tbh I had this idea because that is one of my family's values...

Acts of service.

So as a kid my mind had that kind of thought engraved in my system. Even though my parents didn't tell me to starve like what I said in that rule it was a "Me Thing".

Of course I would feel guilty if I can eat happily, while my friend can't.

I would try to share them with my snack, although there are times that I don't want to.

That's because some of my friends back then would get as many as they can. It's like they didn't bring snacks so they can have free food since as a kid we already know the saying here...

"Mas masarap ang pagkain kapag galing sa libre" (It's tastier if the food was given for free by someone)

It is true tho! hahahahaha

Proven and Tested

Moral lesson: be selfless na lang wala ka ng say. (Just be selfless cause you don't have a say)

To be Continued...

Note:
I have many stories about friendships, so 'To be a good friend chapter' will be set into parts but will not be put in order.

Cause I also need to remember the good stories or maybe experience better memories yk. Forda thrill.