Chapter 2 "𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝑡"

A month seemed to have gone by, I had finally started getting used to this life although I didn't attend the high school that the owner of this body went to.

It was all boring, I would wake up every day, cook myself breakfast, lunch & dinner, eat, watch TV & sleep. There was no shortage of money because it appeared the orphanage where this body's owner grew up, sent her enough money to make a living.

I was starting to miss my parents and friends. For some distraction I
decided to check out the neighborhood around my place.

Wearing a black hoodie and baggy pants I went out to grab some groceries.

I tried exploring the region around my place. The surroundings were noisy cause it was in the middle of Yokohama. There was the usual hustle and bustle of people since it was late evening time. Sighing I turned around and started walking in an alley, it could be a shortcut so I decided to explore more. And I ended up in a dark end.

Not again... Have I lost my way?

I wasn't panicking because I have a  bad sense of direction so it was no new thing to me.

In the distance, I heard some light shouts, they weren't audible so I decided to check them out. I tip-toed towards the place they were coming from, I stepped closer and peeked from my spot. A little far away, I saw a bunch of men in black suits surrounding another guy who seemed to be their leader. It was pretty dark and I couldn't see so I leaned in a little and saw a few bodies lying on the ground.

Are those corpses?

"P-Please! Spare me!"
"I swear on my life I won't ever even appear in public!"

There was a brunette dressed in all black, with his left eye covered in bandages. He seemed to be pointing a gun toward a man who was kneeling in front of him. The man kneeling was shivering and had his hands enclosed.

"PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU!"
"DAZAI-KUN OF PORT MAFIA! THE YOUNGEST EXECUTIVE!"
The man begged.

'Dazai-kun'? 'Port mafia'? 'Youngest Executive'? Isn't that from the anime? Is that a cosplay? Are they doing a show or something?

"PLEASE I-!"
*Gunshot*
The man was shot right in his forehead before he could finish and his corpse fell to the ground.

"Noisy..."
The brunette murmured.

I felt my heartbeats rising and the tip of my fingers turning cold. Breathing heavily I covered my mouth with both of my hands to not make any noise. I was trembling.
It was the first time in my life witnessing a murder.

Run.

I need to run.

I so desperately wanted to run but my legs wouldn't move.

Move! Please move!

I don't know what happened after that but I remember sprinting back home somehow. I was unable to get a grasp on the situation even after returning home and my breathing was still heavy. I tried to calm down and got myself a glass of water. I glanced at my hands. They were shivering.

I saw a person being shot right in his forehead and dying on the spot.

It was Dazai... Wasn't it? The Osamu Dazai from Bungo Stray Dogs anime. He shot that man, considering his current appearance, it's the dark era Dazai. In other words this world, it's the world of bungo stray dogs.