Chapter 10 "𝐻𝑜𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑙"

"KEIKO!!!"

I opened my eyes.
And looked around.

It was a hospital room.

As I began to move, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder and it was covered in plaster bandage.

Ah... I remember now... I was shot on my right shoulder with a bullet.

"Damn that bastard"

Said someone who opened the door and entered.

He had long ginger hair and blue eyes with a short and skinny figure. He was wearing a black hat.

It's Chuuya Nakahara!

He stood there in utter shook when he saw me awake.

"DOCTOR! SHE'S AWAKE!"

...

It was quite chaotic when the doctor came rushing in, he checked my body's state and did a few other tests.

<<After half an hour>>

The doctor and nurses left after they were done. And I was alone now.

Seeing that I'm in hospital all safe that means the back-up arrived soon after I fainted. I hope Dazai was unharmed too.

Someone came in kicking the door and hugged me right as fast as I couldn't even see who it was.

He had a really tight grip as he hugged me and wouldn't let go.

"Why did you take the bullet for me?"

It was Dazai. His eyes were swollen and he had pretty bad dark circles under his eyes. It seemed as if he didn't sleep for days.

He backed away.

"Why did you do that?"

"I... I just couldn't stand there seeing you get hurt"

"I could've avoided that too"

"Ah R-Right"

"YOU SAID YOU WOULD RELY ON ME"

"..."

"Do you... Not trust me?"

"I... I... I'm sorry, I just moved before could think and... I'll be careful next time."

"So you do not not trust me"

"It's not that I don't trust you... "

"Then what?"

"..."

He looked at me straight in the eyes as if he was searching for the answer while I was avoiding eye contact with him.

"I see..."

He said as he left the hospital room while slaming the door. Right after he left, entered Chuuya, Chuuya Nakahara.

"Wow it is so damn rare to see that brat angry, ah right you're here, what was your name again?"

"Oh I'm Keiko Suzuki and you must be Nakahara-san"

"Yeah, I'm curious what you did to make that brat so angry"

"Well... I just took a bullet for him"

"What! Well gratefulness is not something you can expect from that bastard after all. Right I did saw you in Dazai's lap with so much blood and all"

"You were there Nakahara-san?"

"I was the back-up"

"Oh Thank you so much for saving us yesterday "

"Yesterday? what are you talking about? It was 5 days ago"

"What!? So I've been in the hospital for 5 days?!"

"I guess, also that brat has been looking after you all this time when you were unconcious"

"What? He's been looking after who?"

"You. I did saw him stay right after your bed and take care of you all these days. Did he take an interest in you or something? Because this is really rare of him"

"N-No you're probably mistaken, he has just been teaching a few things about ability and all"

"Hmm I wonder.."

...

After 2 days, I was finally able to go home but the doctor said I shouldn't be using my right hand too much. In mean time I also haven't seen Dazai at all, he just texted me that he won't continue the ability training until my injury is fully healed.

As I was leaving the hospital, I decided to call Dazai.

*Calling*

"Hello"

"Hello... Dazai-san?"

"Yes"

"Actually are you free tonight? I want to treat you to dinner"

"..."

"I heard from Nakahara-san that you had been taking care of me, so I would like to express my thanks"

"..."

Damn this is awkward

"Okay text me the address, I'll be there at 8:30 PM"

"Okay I'll see you then... Dazai-san"

*Hangs up*

He was really quite, he is probably angry. Damn it's gonna be awkward this evening I think.