Chapter 3 "𝐴𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦"

I woke up to the chirping of birds. I sat up and began rubbing my eyes sleepily. And finally began remembering yesterday's events.
Thanks to my 10-hour-long slumber, I could finally get a grasp on everything. I took a glance down at my palm.

So it really is a fictional word... Huh...

Anyway, I got up and brushed my teeth. I had breakfast and then did the dishes. While doing dishes, memories of my usual life came flooding abruptly to me. I began remembering my family, my friends, and Kei... My black cat.

Why is this happening to me? I'm no special person, I always had an average life being an otaku.

I miss everyone. My family, no matter how distant or unhealthy they were, in the end they were my family. My friends... who always took care of me and made me enjoy every little moment.

And Kei... my little black cat... I wonder how she's doing without me. I hope she's getting well-fed and is healthy. I miss her cuddles...

I closed my eyes and began reminiscing the moments I spent with Kei. I dreamed of how I would cuddle with her, how she would always give me a not-caring attitude when in reality she would come running to me the moment I arrived from school. Black cats are considered to be a symbol of bad luck, but how ironic when meeting her is the best thing that ever happened to me.
Regardless I sighed and opened my eyes. The sight that I saw in front of me almost made me drop the utensils I had in my hand.

It was Kei and she was sleeping on the counter.

"Kei...?"
I murmured blinking a few times and rubbed my eyes to make sure what I was seeing was real.

She was still there, sleeping without budging and lightly purring.

"Kei... Is that you?"
I removed the dishing gloves from my hands and stepped closer to her.

She was still sleeping while lightly swinging her tail in the air.

I leaned in close to touch her, I poked her. It was real. I stood there with my eyes wide open trying to process what was currently happening.

It's been 3 hours now, I kept staring at her, trying to get her to move. It was strange, she wouldn't answer me nor look at me. Surely cats do have an attitude but at least before, she used to acknowledge my presence. But right now she was just sleeping soundly as if I wasn't there in front of her, trying to wake her up.

21 hours have gone by now... She is still sleeping.

Suddenly I saw a white light surrounding her and in an instant, she vanished.

After giving it a lot of thought, I finally concluded.

I am an ability user.
I can make visualized objects and people come true. Whenever I visualize something, it comes to life, it lasts for 24 hours. But if I want I can also make it vanish by just visualising it disappearing. If I visualize a person, they don't talk but do whatever I desire them to do.

"IMAGINATION"

This is what I named this ability.

To think that I would have an ability like this, Bungo Stray Dogs does have many characters with abilities. But I didn't even possess a side character. Then why do I have this ability?

Nevertheless, thinking too much about it won't give me a solution anyway so I decided to not think about it anymore.

*Ding Dong*

I heard the doorbell.

I went to open the door and saw a female, in her 30s standing.

I asked "Yes...? Who might you be?" with a questionable look.

She frowned and spoke out "Keiko! So you've even forgotten your homeroom teacher?"

Homeroom teacher?? Right this body's owner has a school so I figured.

"Ahh... My apologies Mrs...?"

"You even forgot my name? It's Fujita Hanako!"

"I see Mrs Fujita! Apologies My memory has been pretty dull these days..." I let out.

"Please let yourself in" I gestured her in.

"Okay," She nodded and entered.

...

Getting right to the point she questions "Why haven't you been coming to school lately?" While sipping tea.

"Oh W-Well I haven't been well these last few weeks," I said while avoiding eye contact with her.

"You could've just called in for sick holidays "

"I-I-I wasn't i-in a condition to do so..."

"Okay look I don't have your phone number so I called the orphanage and they gave me your address "

"Ah! Here's my phone number, please feel free to call this number if required."

"Hmmm you seem to be in good health now," she said noting my phone number.

"Y-Yeah I'm much better now "

"Then I hope to see you in school from tomorrow onwards," she announced with a stern look.

"I understand," I answered looking away.

Soon she left after discussing a few more academic things.

I guess I have no choice but to start attending school now.