Chapter 11 "𝑅𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑙𝑒"

<{8:15 PM}>

He entered through the main door in his usual attire looking around searching for me.

"Here! Dazai-san!"

He glanced over my side and saw me sitting by the window. He came over my side and sat in front of me.

"You are... early... Dazai-san"

"Look who's talking"

"Oh... Well I didn't want to be late since I was the one who offered to treat you... Hehe"

"Whatever"
He said looking outside the window not making the eye contact with me.

"Ah! Here's the menu please order what you like"

"Hmm"

"What would the couple over here would like?" Said the waitress.

"Oh! W-We're not a couple...!"
I said nervously.

"Aw my bad, what would you like to order Miss?"

"One bowl of tteokbeoki ramen and D-Dazai-san... What would you like to have ? Feel free to order anything..."

"Hokkaido Crabs please"

"Okay! your order will be ready in 5 minutes" said the maid leaving.

...

"Dazai-san... "

"Hmm?"

"About the incident, I... I don't think I can promise to not do that again"

"Keiko-chan"

"I... I'm sorry it might be immature of me, but I can't just stand in those situations seeing anyone get hurt..."

"Keiko... Are you saying... That you would just jump in like that just for anyone instead of protecting yourself?"

"But...! You're not just anyone...! You have been really nice to me... Because of you I didn't have to stay in that school anymore, and thanks to you... I've been improving my ability... So don't say that"

"Then.. Just what do you think of me? What... What am I for you... to risk your own life?"

"I... I-"

"Here are your orders!!! One bowl of tteokbeoki ramen and Hokkaido Crabs!!!"

"Ah Thanks you, here Dazai-san and about what I was saying before-"

"It's okay you don't have to explain it, eat up first"

"Oh Y-yeah"

I picked up the chopsticks from my right hand which had plaster bandage all over it, as I began picking the tteokbeoki, I heard a slight crack from my right arm and the chopsticks dropped to the floor.

"Ouch!"

Dazai stopped eating and looked up to me.