Chapter 5 "𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑊𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑀𝑎𝑛"

"Mm," He mumbled.

I gulped down the non-existing lump in my throat. Held my hand on his chest letting out "Sir? Do you hear me? wait I'll call the ambulance!!"

"No...!"
He murmured in a low voice almost inaudible.

He probably doesn't want anyone to see him in this vulnerable state and also wants to avoid any interactions with the police, not that they have any authority over the Port mafia.

I glanced toward the wound on his tummy and gasped unconsciously. It was a pretty deep wound, with tons of blood on his white shirt and blazer. He's soon going to lose consciousness while lying in this cold alley.

Sigh...
Trouble seems to follow me everywhere I go...

I looked around and supported his back for him to get up. I took off my school cardigan and covered him with it after taking off his black blazer which was covered in his blood. I hurriedly tossed it in my bag while also checking the surroundings.

"Hold on to me for a while" I took his right arm and wrapped it around my neck while supporting his body to walk.

"My apartment is just around the corner after a few meters." I signaled him.

He nodded and walked slowly while I supported him. He had already lost consciousness on the way. We somehow reached my apartment, and I opened the locks. My apartment only has two rooms, and the other room was covered in dirt and roaches so I laid him down on my bed to not lose face.

I took my cardigan, stopped the bleeding, washed away the blood on his shirt, bandaged his wound, and gave him all the first-aid I could. I checked the thermometer which was showing 103.4.

He's running quite a high fever.

I grabbed a cold towel and placed it on his forehead.

Afterward, I came to the living room and began putting bandages on my bruises. I was too tired and without realizing I dosed off.

~Dazai's POV~

Pain...

...was what I felt when I stood up from the unknown bed and found myself in an unfamiliar room. There were bandages surrounding my torso, a thermometer with a towel, and a small bucket with cold water placed on the drawer next to the bed.

I remember passing out in the alley...
What happened after that...?

Unknowingly I wandered out of the room and entered a typical living room. Looking closely I saw a girl with silver-white hair and some bandages on random parts of her body, sleeping on the couch. There was also a first-aid kit lying on the table in front of the couch.

She treated me...

~Y/n / Keiko's POV~

Waking up to the smell of bread being fried with butter, I sat up. It's the kitchen. I looked down, noticing the feel of a clothing texture against my skin.

A blanket...?

I recall putting bandages on myself and then dozing off on the couch last night.