chapter 10 What the mirror shows

Harry growls in frustration.
Where does Malfoy go?
He mysteriously disappears after walking to the seventh floor.
Although unlike last time neither Crabbe or goyle accompanies him.
Harry then smacks himself in the forehead.

" I'm so stupid the only room on the seventh floor is the room of requirement!".
That's why Malfoy would suddenly disappear from the map, because it wasn't drawn on it!
Question is what is Malfoy doing in there?
.....................................

As Harry arrives on the seventh floor he realizes he doesn't know what room draco wished for!
Harry ponders rooms draco could possibly do his dirty work in but came to no conclusion.

Suddenly draco walks out and stops in front of Harry ( who is wearing the invisibility cloak) with a look of curiosity on his face.
Draco turns around facing the wall and whispers, " I want to know what it is I desire".

Draco wants to know what he desires?
A door opens and draco walks inside with Harry right behind him.
Harry looks around to find the room empty except for a lone object leaning against the wall.

The mirror of Erised
..........................................

Draco looks across the room to find a mirror ( with a gold frame) that reached the ceiling.
An inscription is carved around the top.
Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.
Latin?
Earlier draco had done his regular check on the cabinet and had been lost in his thoughts trying to figure out what he most desired.

A mirror?
A mirror will show my deepest desire?
Draco steps towards the mirror and gasps when he looks in it.
Draco looks to his side to find no one there.
Draco rubs his eyes and looks again.

In the mirror is Harry and draco, arms wrapped around each other and Harry's head is on his shoulder.
The mirror draco looks at him and shows him his left forearm.
Draco gasps as he sees that the arm is unmarked.
Draco's eyes land on the ring on his left hand.

This- this can't be what I most desire!
However the longer draco watches the mirror- couple stroke each other's hair and murder loving words the more he felt longing in his heart.
...........................................

This surely isn't what draco does everyday.
Harry had heard the gasp of shock when draco first spotted the mirror.
A clear indication he's never seen it before.

So what made draco wish for this room?
Harry watched as draco stares longingly at the mirror before him.
I thought Dumbledore sent this mirror away.

Harry looks around and realizes he doesn't recognize the room.
The walls are a dull gray , cobwebs line the corners of the wall, the floors are made of stone, and there are no windows.
The only source of light is an oil lamp.

So it can also change into any room outside of Hogwarts.
Nice.
What does draco see in the mirror?
He probably sees himself being one of the most important wizards of the world.

Harry wonders what he would see in the mirror.
Last time he checked he desired his dead parents to be alongside him.
Harry stands beside draco and looks in the mirror.
Harry covers his mouth to hold back a gasp.

Draco and Harry are kissing each other while intertwining their fingers.
A rose stands out between their hands.
They lean their foreheads against the other's and stare lovingly into each other's eyes.

Harry looks away feeling his chest ache for something he is sure he'd never have.

" So this is what I desire", draco whispers to himself.
Harry looks at draco to see determination in his eyes.
" I think it's time I stop denying about what I want".

Draco turns on his heel and walks out the door followed by Harry.

What did he see?
Harry tries to see inside his mind  but an invisible barrier blocks him.

What's he trying to hide?
..................................................

Now that I know what I desire I will stop at nothing to have him!
Father, Voldemort bring it on. Your not taking him from me!

Draco walks to Dumbledore's office but is unsure of how to get in.
Suddenly the words acid pops appear in swirly gold letters on the wall.

"Acid pops?".
The gargoyles suddenly sprang apart revealing the door to Dumbledore's office.
Draco walks in to find Dumbledore sitting at his desk wearing dark blue robes and holding a teddy bear.

A teddy bear?

Dumbledore looks up through his spectacles and raises his eyebrows in surprise.

" Malfoy! I didn't expect to see you. In fact I was under the impression you've been avoiding me".
Draco nods.
Okay I need to tell him everything!

Draco takes a deep breath and explains that it was he who has been trying to take Dumbledore's life.
He also explains that he's been fixing a magical cabinet to smuggle death eaters in.

" Voldemort and his followers plan on coming here to take down Harry and witness your death by my hand", draco huffs out of breath from all of the talking.

" I already know all of this son but the question is what made you join our side?".

Draco shakes his head and replies," I'm not joining a side but I'll stand by Harry".
" Because you love him?".

Draco blushes, nods and walks out the door.

" You can come out now Harry".
Harry takes off the invisibility cloak with a goofy grin on his face.

" Still in denial Harry?".
Harry just smiles and walks out.